REPORT: Federal judge rules on Virginia school district’s transgender bathroom ban, Elizabeth Warren responds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal judge ruled Friday against a Virginia school board’s policy barring a transgender former student, Gavin Grimm, from using the men’s restroom, according to The Associated Press.
Under the Gloucester County School Board’s policy, Grimm was required to use either the women’s room or a private restroom. In her decision, U.S. District Judge Arenda Wright Allen in Norfolk wrote that there was “no question” the policy discriminated against trans students.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Under the policy, all students except for transgender students may use restrooms corresponding with their gender identity,” she wrote. “Transgender students are singled out, subjected to discriminatory treatment, and excluded from spaces where similarly situated students are permitted to go.”
The board will also be required to update the gender on Grimm’s high school transcripts under Allen’s ruling.
I promise to continue to advocate for as long as it takes for everyone to be able to live their authentic lives freely, in public, and without harrassment and discrimination.
— Gavin Grimm (@GavinGrimmVA) August 9, 2019
Sen. Elizabeth Warren issued the following statement: “This is a big win for @GavinGrimmVA and trans Americans across the country. When we fight, we win—and we won’t stop fighting until all trans people can live without fear or discrimination.”
This is a big win for @GavinGrimmVA and trans Americans across the country. When we fight, we win—and we won’t stop fighting until all trans people can live without fear or discrimination. https://t.co/LFUGMrZ7dW
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) August 12, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Fox contributor files $15M defamation suit for ‘reckless disregard for the truth’ against media outlet
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- VIDEO: Impeachment prediction: Obama will be nailed in the end
- REPORT: Mother of San Bernardino terrorist fighting DOJ over life insurance
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Speculation running wild over mystery about Pelosi’s nose [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Rudy Giuliani snaps at Fox News host: ‘I’m embarrassing you’