REPORT: Federal judge rules on Virginia school district’s transgender bathroom ban, Elizabeth Warren responds
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A federal judge ruled Friday against a Virginia school board’s policy barring a transgender former student, Gavin Grimm, from using the men’s restroom, according to The Associated Press.
Under the Gloucester County School Board’s policy, Grimm was required to use either the women’s room or a private restroom. In her decision, U.S. District Judge Arenda Wright Allen in Norfolk wrote that there was “no question” the policy discriminated against trans students.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Under the policy, all students except for transgender students may use restrooms corresponding with their gender identity,” she wrote. “Transgender students are singled out, subjected to discriminatory treatment, and excluded from spaces where similarly situated students are permitted to go.”
The board will also be required to update the gender on Grimm’s high school transcripts under Allen’s ruling.
I promise to continue to advocate for as long as it takes for everyone to be able to live their authentic lives freely, in public, and without harrassment and discrimination.
— Gavin Grimm (@GavinGrimmVA) August 9, 2019
Sen. Elizabeth Warren issued the following statement: “This is a big win for @GavinGrimmVA and trans Americans across the country. When we fight, we win—and we won’t stop fighting until all trans people can live without fear or discrimination.”
This is a big win for @GavinGrimmVA and trans Americans across the country. When we fight, we win—and we won’t stop fighting until all trans people can live without fear or discrimination. https://t.co/LFUGMrZ7dW
— Elizabeth Warren (@ewarren) August 12, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) August 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Text messaging startup that aided Dem campaigns in midterms fires huge portion of its staff
- REPORT: Doctor accused of being drunk at work indicted in deaths of three patients
- REPORT: Judge allows Trump to appeal Democrats’ emoluments lawsuit
- VIDEO: Surveillance video shows what happens when illegal aliens try to climb new border wall
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- REPORT: Parents outraged as CA preps graphic sex ed program
- REPORT: San Francisco to scrub ‘dehumanizing labels’ from criminals
- REPORT: Woman found dead in garbage chute at Anthony Weiner’s former address (VIDEO)
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- VIDEO: Watchdog alerts Trump that border agency violated DNA collection law for years, letting violent criminals walk free [READ LETTER]