REPORT: Federal workers to rally for their jobs at White House
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
Federal workers and their supporters will rally for their jobs Thursday outside the White House as the partial government shutdown rolls through its third week with no end in sight.
Almost half of the 800,000 civilian federal employees are not working, and even those that are won’t be paid until the stalemate is settled. For most, the furlough becomes real Friday when they miss their first payday.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The president has a cavalier attitude because he has no idea what it’s like to rely on a regular paycheck,” said Steve Lenkart, spokesman for the National Federation of Federal Workers.
The federation, which represents more than 100,000 federal workers, is co-sponsoring the rally. Lenkart said the rally Thursday will include congressional leaders and workers who will explain how the shutdown affects them, their families, their agencies and Americans across the country.
— AFGE (@AFGENational) January 10, 2019
— Delaware Online (@delawareonline) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly