REPORT: The Feds Didn’t Pay $5 Million Water Bill. Can D.C. Shut Off Water To White House? | WAMU
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WAMU.ORG:
The federal government owns a lot of sinks, faucets and toilets in the District of Columbia, where 195,000 government employees wash their hands, fill up their water bottles and flush their waste on a daily basis.
The government is the largest water customer in the city, and because of the ongoing federal shutdown, its water bill is past due. The large unpaid bill left DC Water officials wondering what their options are, and whether turning off water to the White House is among them.
The article goes on to state:
“We received an email Wednesday, January 2, from an individual at the bureau of fiscal services at the treasury,” said Matthew Brown, chief financial officer at DC Water, speaking during the water authority’s first board meeting of the year. He went on to read from the email: the federal government would not be paying $5 million of its $16.5 million quarterly water bill.
Yes, DC Water can turn off water to the White House for an unpaid bill.
No, they probably won’t do so.
But boy were your takes on the story interesting!https://t.co/QEli68OEsr
— WAMU 88.5 (@wamu885) January 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 9, 2019
The Government Can’t Pay Its Utility Bill During the Shutdown — Will the White House Have Water Cut Off? https://t.co/OuCOBpsjcM
— cathleen dougherty (@cate940) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WAMU.ORG. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Tulsi Gabbard’s hairstyle draws more attention than her answers
- REPORT: Beto resorts to speaking Spanish in debate answer, though doesn’t give an actual answer
- REPORT: Mom posts warning about popular video game after 7-year-old’s avatar ‘violently gang raped’
- VIDEO: Young Man Confronts Vehicle Full Of Russian Soldiers During Road Rage Incident
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- EXCLUSIVE: Landowner of private border wall faces charges, prison (video)
- REPORT: Heartbreaking footage reveals Venezuela crisis as mother forced to carry dead daughter through streets
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- OpEd: Sen. Marco Rubio: Dems’ court-packing plan is all wrong
- VIDEO: AG Bill Barr surprises DOJ event attendees with stunning bagpipes performance