REPORT: The Feds Didn’t Pay $5 Million Water Bill. Can D.C. Shut Off Water To White House? | WAMU
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WAMU.ORG:
The federal government owns a lot of sinks, faucets and toilets in the District of Columbia, where 195,000 government employees wash their hands, fill up their water bottles and flush their waste on a daily basis.
The government is the largest water customer in the city, and because of the ongoing federal shutdown, its water bill is past due. The large unpaid bill left DC Water officials wondering what their options are, and whether turning off water to the White House is among them.
The article goes on to state:
“We received an email Wednesday, January 2, from an individual at the bureau of fiscal services at the treasury,” said Matthew Brown, chief financial officer at DC Water, speaking during the water authority’s first board meeting of the year. He went on to read from the email: the federal government would not be paying $5 million of its $16.5 million quarterly water bill.
Yes, DC Water can turn off water to the White House for an unpaid bill.
No, they probably won’t do so.
But boy were your takes on the story interesting!https://t.co/QEli68OEsr
— WAMU 88.5 (@wamu885) January 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 9, 2019
The Government Can’t Pay Its Utility Bill During the Shutdown — Will the White House Have Water Cut Off? https://t.co/OuCOBpsjcM
— cathleen dougherty (@cate940) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WAMU.ORG. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WAMU.ORG
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan