REPORT: Feds ID largest energy find ‘ever,’ worth 7 years of fuel
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
The Interior Department has identified a massive basin of oil and natural gas in Texas and New Mexico, enough to cover nearly seven years of all U.S. needs.
“Christmas came a few weeks early this year,” said Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke in announcing the discovery, which his department described as the “largest continuous oil and gas resource potential ever assessed.”
The article goes on to state the following:
How much: 46.3 billion barrels of oil, 281 trillion cubic feet of natural gas, and 20 billion barrels of natural gas liquids. The U.S. consumes about 7 billion barrels of oil a year.
“Now, I know for a fact that American energy dominance is within our grasp as a nation,” said Zinke, who has bullishly been promoting the tapping of energy on federal lands.
Our latest #oilandgas resource assessment-Texas & New Mexico’s Delaware Basin: https://t.co/rdu07nAscj We estimate 46.3 billion barrels of #oil & 281 trillion cubic feet of #natgas. That’s our largest continuous assessment ever! pic.twitter.com/KZfAhdmnkx
— USGS Energy Program (@usgsenergy) December 6, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Theresa May’s resignation announcement
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists