REPORT: Feds: Immigration top US crime, one-third of all sentencings
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Immigration crime, virtually all involving illegal male, Hispanic immigrants, was the top offense in federal courts last year, according to the United States Sentencing Commission.
In its just-released annual report, the commission said that immigration crimes accounted for 34.4% of all sentencing cases, up from 30% last year.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nearly tied with drug crimes in fiscal 2017, crimes involving immigration expanded the gap in fiscal 2018, said the commission.
Overall, the courts saw 69,425 cases and most involved Hispanics and illegal immigrants.
“In fiscal year 2018, 54.3 percent of all offenders were Hispanic, 21.2 percent were white, 20.6 percent were black, and 3.8 percent were of another race. Non-U.S. citizens accounted for 42.7 percent of all federal offenders,” said the federal commission.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Team DML Membership Confirmation
- REPORT: Bill Gates dethroned, no longer second richest person in the world
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar to introduce resolution supporting Israel boycotts [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Black Conservative Shreds Ayanna Pressley’s Racial Purity Comments