REPORT: Feds spend $140,625 to reduce ‘intersectional stigma’ of transwomen in foreign country
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
The National Institutes of Health is spending over $100,000 to combat “intersectional stigma” of transwomen in Nepal.
The project will deploy a “stigma research initiative” in the South Asian country as a means to “explore anti-trans stigma” against transwomen, or biological men who identify as women.
The article goes on to state the following:
Researchers at Public Health Foundation Enterprises, a nonprofit based in California, said their taxpayer-funded project is necessary because no one has ever investigated trans stigma in Nepal before, and it is “past time” to do so.
“There is no HIV prevention intervention for transwomen (TW) with evidence of efficacy outside the US. The largest burden of HIV among TW rests on those outside the US where intersectional stigma is a driver of HIV,” the grant states. “No research in South Asia has examined the impact of intersectional stigma on HIV risk and care among TW.”
“TW’s unique vulnerabilities related to stigma are different from those of [men who have sex with men] MSM and other key populations, and it is past time that their specific risks and intervention needs are explored,” according to the grant.
The project began in July and has received $140,625 from taxpayers so far. Research is set to continue through April 2020. The project is entitled, “Reducing Intersectional Stigma Through Increased Social Participation Among Transwomen in Nepal.”
CLICK HERE to read the full report at the FREE BEACON.
“intersectional stigma” https://t.co/1Y1KE28Klz
— Elizabeth Harrington (@LizWFB) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Judge denies DACA student’s request to remain in the country
- REPORT: Deal on Trump border bill looks dim before break
- WARNING: Dramatic bodycam video documents ambush that killed rookie cop
- VIDEO: Trump explains why he talks about a third term
- BREAKING: Iran lawmakers chant ‘Death to America’ as U.S. called ‘terrorist’
- REPORT: Buckingham Palace calls pest control after Queen ‘horrified’ by rodents in royal kitchen
- VIDEO: ‘Police Haters’ Taunt Officers At Scene Of Shooting That Killed Female Cop