REPORT: Feds spend $140,625 to reduce ‘intersectional stigma’ of transwomen in foreign country
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
The National Institutes of Health is spending over $100,000 to combat “intersectional stigma” of transwomen in Nepal.
The project will deploy a “stigma research initiative” in the South Asian country as a means to “explore anti-trans stigma” against transwomen, or biological men who identify as women.
The article goes on to state the following:
Researchers at Public Health Foundation Enterprises, a nonprofit based in California, said their taxpayer-funded project is necessary because no one has ever investigated trans stigma in Nepal before, and it is “past time” to do so.
“There is no HIV prevention intervention for transwomen (TW) with evidence of efficacy outside the US. The largest burden of HIV among TW rests on those outside the US where intersectional stigma is a driver of HIV,” the grant states. “No research in South Asia has examined the impact of intersectional stigma on HIV risk and care among TW.”
“TW’s unique vulnerabilities related to stigma are different from those of [men who have sex with men] MSM and other key populations, and it is past time that their specific risks and intervention needs are explored,” according to the grant.
The project began in July and has received $140,625 from taxpayers so far. Research is set to continue through April 2020. The project is entitled, “Reducing Intersectional Stigma Through Increased Social Participation Among Transwomen in Nepal.”
CLICK HERE to read the full report at the FREE BEACON.
“intersectional stigma” https://t.co/1Y1KE28Klz
— Elizabeth Harrington (@LizWFB) August 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by FreeBeacon, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Shooting outside football stadium; multiple people reportedly shot
- REPORT: “It was one of the most horrific accidents I have ever seen”: Suspected DUI head-on collision kills 6 in Utah
- REPORT: Democrats hold 9-point lead over Republicans in battle for House: poll
- REPORT: Trump’s approval rating jumps higher than Obama’s ahead of midterms
- BREAKING: Guatelmala president reported nearly 100 ISIS terrorists caught
- Trump Tweets: Caravan and Dems. DML responds.
- REPORT: Ted Cruz asked if Trump is a friend or foe; his answer is complicated
- The latest photos from Mexico caravan as number hits 10k
- REPORT: Special counsel examines conflicting accounts as scrutiny of Roger Stone and WikiLeaks deepens
- POLL: What is the best way to combat illegal immigration?