REPORT: Feinstein blasts Trump’s ’empty threat’ to withhold FEMA funding from California
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) on Wednesday blasted President Trump’s “empty threat” to cut off Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) funding to assist victims of the California wildfires.
“It’s absolutely shocking for President Trump to suggest he would deny disaster assistance to the victims,” Feinstein wrote on Twitter. “This empty threat is based on groundless complaints, and candidly isn’t worth the time of day.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The senator became the latest California official to slam the president over his tweet earlier Wednesday in which he said he has ordered FEMA to withhold funding for the state unless it improves its forest management to prevent wildfires.
The Camp Fire killed 86 people, destroyed 14,000 homes & burned 150,000 acres. It’s absolutely shocking for President Trump to suggest he would deny disaster assistance to the victims. This empty threat is based on groundless complaints, and candidly isn’t worth the time of day. https://t.co/GfbxLQH7vI
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) January 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- REPORT: NBCUniversal Chief makes admission on Megyn Kelly