REPORT: Feinstein blasts Trump’s ’empty threat’ to withhold FEMA funding from California
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) on Wednesday blasted President Trump’s “empty threat” to cut off Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) funding to assist victims of the California wildfires.
“It’s absolutely shocking for President Trump to suggest he would deny disaster assistance to the victims,” Feinstein wrote on Twitter. “This empty threat is based on groundless complaints, and candidly isn’t worth the time of day.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The senator became the latest California official to slam the president over his tweet earlier Wednesday in which he said he has ordered FEMA to withhold funding for the state unless it improves its forest management to prevent wildfires.
The Camp Fire killed 86 people, destroyed 14,000 homes & burned 150,000 acres. It’s absolutely shocking for President Trump to suggest he would deny disaster assistance to the victims. This empty threat is based on groundless complaints, and candidly isn’t worth the time of day. https://t.co/GfbxLQH7vI
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) January 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: Iranian president lashes out with insult at Trump White House amid new sanctions