REPORT: Feinstein breaks with most Democrats to criticize Trump’s embassy move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on Monday was one of the few Democrats to indicate the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem is a mistake, and said that decision should have been delayed until a peace agreement is reached with Palestinians.
“The location of the embassy is a final-status issue that should have been resolved as part of peace negotiations where both sides benefit, not just one side,” she said. “Israel will only know true security when it is at peace with its neighbors.”
The article goes on to state the following:
As Israel celebrated the new U.S. Embassy, Feinstein noted the several dozen Palestinian people who were killed as part of the violent protests against Israel in Gaza. She said Trump needs to pay attention to their needs as well.
“Today’s protests in Gaza have left more than 40 Palestinians dead and hundreds more injured — it’s just heartbreaking,” she said. “The humanitarian situation in Gaza is desperate. Instead of cutting aid, the Trump administration must restore our leadership role and do what it can to alleviate the Palestinians’ suffering.”
“In the aftermath of the embassy opening today, the Trump administration should state its unequivocal support for a two-state solution and work with our allies to restart talks between the Palestinians and Israelis so that a more secure future for all can be achieved,” she added.
In the aftermath of the U.S. embassy opening in Jerusalem, the Trump administration should state its unequivocal support for a two-state solution and work with our allies to restart peace talks between the Palestinians and Israelis. https://t.co/GwThGtKl9D
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) May 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you believe the migrant caravan will actually be turned away at the U.S. border?
- EXCLUSIVE: Hondurans caravan members carry their flag, burn US flag with swastika painted on it (PHOTO)
- BREAKING: Mexican newspaper provides shocking new estimate of migrant caravan numbers
- VIDEO: Univision anchor makes claim about caravan migrants
- VIDEO: Kim Kardashian sticks up for Kanye’s support of Trump on Alec Baldwin show
- VIDEO: Bangladeshis Joined Migrant Caravan In Guatemala, Univision Correspondent Reports
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice sends letter, has ‘beginning stages of dementia’
- REPORT: Grassley demands, and receives, explanation for Air Force’s $326G coffee cup spending
- REPORT: AP changes headline after outraged liberals complain about description of illegal caravan
- VIDEO: Obama comments on improving economy