REPORT: Feinstein breaks with most Democrats to criticize Trump’s embassy move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on Monday was one of the few Democrats to indicate the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem is a mistake, and said that decision should have been delayed until a peace agreement is reached with Palestinians.
“The location of the embassy is a final-status issue that should have been resolved as part of peace negotiations where both sides benefit, not just one side,” she said. “Israel will only know true security when it is at peace with its neighbors.”
The article goes on to state the following:
As Israel celebrated the new U.S. Embassy, Feinstein noted the several dozen Palestinian people who were killed as part of the violent protests against Israel in Gaza. She said Trump needs to pay attention to their needs as well.
“Today’s protests in Gaza have left more than 40 Palestinians dead and hundreds more injured — it’s just heartbreaking,” she said. “The humanitarian situation in Gaza is desperate. Instead of cutting aid, the Trump administration must restore our leadership role and do what it can to alleviate the Palestinians’ suffering.”
“In the aftermath of the embassy opening today, the Trump administration should state its unequivocal support for a two-state solution and work with our allies to restart talks between the Palestinians and Israelis so that a more secure future for all can be achieved,” she added.
In the aftermath of the U.S. embassy opening in Jerusalem, the Trump administration should state its unequivocal support for a two-state solution and work with our allies to restart peace talks between the Palestinians and Israelis. https://t.co/GwThGtKl9D
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) May 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…