REPORT: Feinstein breaks with most Democrats to criticize Trump’s embassy move
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., on Monday was one of the few Democrats to indicate the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem is a mistake, and said that decision should have been delayed until a peace agreement is reached with Palestinians.
“The location of the embassy is a final-status issue that should have been resolved as part of peace negotiations where both sides benefit, not just one side,” she said. “Israel will only know true security when it is at peace with its neighbors.”
The article goes on to state the following:
As Israel celebrated the new U.S. Embassy, Feinstein noted the several dozen Palestinian people who were killed as part of the violent protests against Israel in Gaza. She said Trump needs to pay attention to their needs as well.
“Today’s protests in Gaza have left more than 40 Palestinians dead and hundreds more injured — it’s just heartbreaking,” she said. “The humanitarian situation in Gaza is desperate. Instead of cutting aid, the Trump administration must restore our leadership role and do what it can to alleviate the Palestinians’ suffering.”
“In the aftermath of the embassy opening today, the Trump administration should state its unequivocal support for a two-state solution and work with our allies to restart talks between the Palestinians and Israelis so that a more secure future for all can be achieved,” she added.
In the aftermath of the U.S. embassy opening in Jerusalem, the Trump administration should state its unequivocal support for a two-state solution and work with our allies to restart peace talks between the Palestinians and Israelis. https://t.co/GwThGtKl9D
— Sen Dianne Feinstein (@SenFeinstein) May 14, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Omarosa releases secret tape of Lara Trump offering her campaign job after firing (Video)
- REPORT: Lara Trump fires back over secret Omarosa tape
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- Trump Tweet: Trolls Omarosa with special video
- UPDATE: Bodies believed to be pregnant Colorado mom, kids found on oil property (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: Comey responds to Trump revoking Brennan’s security clearance
- VIDEO: Police make arrest after 46 people overdose at Connecticut park
- BREAKING: Suspected ISIS member arrested in Sacramento County, allegedly committed ‘most heinous crimes’