REPORT: A Final Border Wall Compromise Could Be Reached Over The Weekend
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
Lawmakers involved in border negotiations expressed optimism that a deal could be reached by the end of the weekend, but questions remain whether President Donald Trump would accept less funding for wall construction.
Following the longest partial government shutdown in U.S. history, which lasted a total of 35 days, a special bipartisan committee of 14 lawmakers from both the House and the Senate was formed to reach a deal on border security. Democratic and Republican congressmen on the select committee have been forced to negotiate under a tight deadline, needing to reach a deal or else face another shutdown.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democratic negotiators proved stubborn as deliberations first began. Their initial offer on the first day of negotiations included a grand total of zero dollars for a physical barrier. Democrats have since relented into offering more than $1 billion. Members on the select committee plan to keep working over the weekend, and could produce legislation as early as Monday.
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- REPORT: Pelosi fundraising off Trump emergency declaration
- TRUMP TWEET: Pokes at Dems – and one Republican – in new SOTU video montage (WATCH)
- REPORT: Feds seize MASSIVE cocaine shipments, hidden in floorboards of ships
- VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
- VIDEO: Pence met with silence after mentioning Trump in Munich speech