REPORT: First baby born using uterus transplant from dead donor, doctors say
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
The world’s first baby has been born using a uterus transplanted from a deceased donor, according to Brazilian doctors.
The healthy baby girl was delivered last December to a 32-year-old woman who wasn’t born with a uterus. The mother used the uterus of a 45-year-old woman who had three previous children and died of a stroke, as detailed in a case report published in the medical journal Lancet on Tuesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
The uterus from the deceased donor was implanted during a 10-hour operation. After seven months, doctors implanted an embryo made using in-vitro fertilization to spur the pregnancy.
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lion kills worker after escaping enclosure at North Carolina animal center
- REPORT: Dershowitz suggests FBI ‘thoroughly’ investigate Swetnick affidavit, Avenatti responds
- REPORT: High school student killed, 3 teens injured in crash one day after prom
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- REPORT: Former DOJ official “surprised” by one section of Mueller report
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Our leaders will never defend our borders – and world knows it and is coming for our wealth
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends Oreos to Democrat who quizzed him
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell campaign raises stunning haul from ‘Cocaine Mitch’ T-shirt sales