REPORT: First state in U.S. fully bans child marriage
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABC7CHICAGO.COM:
Delaware has become the first state in the nation to completely ban marriage for anyone under 18.
Democratic Gov. John Carney on Wednesday signed into law the measure that makes it illegal for minors to get married, even if their parents approve. Previously, anyone could get married in the state at any age with a judge’s approval.
The report further states:
Opponents raised concerns that the law could have implications beyond forced marriages, citing religions that traditionally allow followers to marry young.
State health records show 200 minors in Delaware were married between 2000 and 2011. Nearly all of them were girls.
To weigh in on this information provided by ABC7CHICAGO.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABC7CHICAGO.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should U.S. taxpayers have to fund education for illegal alien children?
- BREAKING: Two injured in Indiana school shooting, shooter in custody
- Trump Tweets: Releases a Twitter Storm against Dems!
- REPORT: Trump taps vocal anti-illegal immigration advocate for State Dept’s top refugee job
- REPORT: Obama declares he signed deal with Netflix as platform to train next generation
- Trump Tweet: Responds to North Korea’s reaction to cancelled meeting
- REPORT: Michael Flynn tweets, deletes photo of Hillary Clinton with accused sex offender
- REPORT: Estimated 7,000 bodies may be buried at former asylum
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels’ Entourage Accused of Abhorrent Behavior at Iconic Gay Nightclub
- REPORT: Customers suing McDonald’s for $5M over cheese