REPORT: First state in U.S. fully bans child marriage
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by ABC7CHICAGO.COM:
Delaware has become the first state in the nation to completely ban marriage for anyone under 18.
Democratic Gov. John Carney on Wednesday signed into law the measure that makes it illegal for minors to get married, even if their parents approve. Previously, anyone could get married in the state at any age with a judge’s approval.
The report further states:
Opponents raised concerns that the law could have implications beyond forced marriages, citing religions that traditionally allow followers to marry young.
State health records show 200 minors in Delaware were married between 2000 and 2011. Nearly all of them were girls.
To weigh in on this information provided by ABC7CHICAGO.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting ABC7CHICAGO.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Husband confesses to killing pregnant wife, 2 daughters
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- REPORT: School cancels classes after parents threaten ‘open hunting season’ on transgender girl
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump’s crackdown on security clearances?
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa