REPORT: Flight attendants union head blasts Buttigieg
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Association of Flight Attendants President Sara Nelson criticized former South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg Wednesday for a tweet defending private health insurance, that appeared to characterize the employer-provided health benefits as gains won by union workers.
Buttigieg defended his proposed “Medicare for All Who Want It” plan, saying 14 million union members have “fought hard for strong employer-provided health benefits” in a tweet Wednesday morning.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nelson, who played a key role in ending the federal government shutdown last year, called the invocation of labor rights “offensive and dangerous.”
“This is offensive and dangerous. Stop perpetuating this gross myth. Not every union member has union healthcare plans that protect them. Those that do have it, have to fight like hell to keep it. If you believe in Labor then you’d understand an injury to one is an injury to all,” she tweeted.
In a second tweet, Nelson added, “For profit healthcare doesn’t work, @PeteButtigieg. It’s killing people & putting working people in financial ruin. The whole country knows it. Collective bargaining is about problem solving. Don’t use unions to promote division – that’s only good for the profiteers. #WeNeedCare.”
For profit healthcare doesn’t work, @PeteButtigieg. It’s killing people & putting working people in financial ruin. The whole country knows it. Collective bargaining is about problem solving. Don’t use unions to promote division – that’s only good for the profiteers. #WeNeedCare
— Sara Nelson (@FlyingWithSara) February 12, 2020
This is going to be a major debate issue – Flight attendants union head blasts Buttigieg for saying union members ‘fought hard’ for private insurance plans https://t.co/AkaDIDhSQ2
— Emily Salazar (@LuvvvMusic) February 12, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- REPORT: Border Patrol posts multiple reports of truck loads of illegal aliens smuggled into US [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Barack Obama’s childhood home hits the market
- REPORT Here’s what Al Sharpton still owes for failed 2004 presidential race
- REPORT: Judge in Roger Stone case orders phone hearing
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton finally responds to backlash over Sanders remark: ‘I thought…’
- VIDEO: ‘F—ing Traitor’: Sen. Collins Releases Abusive Voicemails Ahead of Impeachment Vote