REPORT: Florida Governor Signals He May Suspend Sheriff Over Parkland Shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
MIAMI — After nearly a year of deepening anger over a deadly Florida high school shooting and the bungled police response that followed, no prominent officials have been held directly accountable for their handling of the tragedy. That may be about to change.
Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida’s newly minted Republican chief executive, promised as a candidate to do what his predecessor did not: suspend Sheriff Scott Israel of Broward County, a Democrat who bragged about his leadership even though his deputies failed to charge into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland to try to take down the gunman.
The article goes on to state the following:
On Wednesday, during his first full day in office, Mr. DeSantis indicated that he planned to take action quickly on Sheriff Israel’s future, though he has not suspended him yet.
Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida’s newly minted chief executive, promised as a candidate to do what his predecessor did not: suspend Sheriff Scott Israel of Broward County in response to the Parkland shooting https://t.co/VgshruldNm
— NYT National News (@NYTNational) January 10, 2019
Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida’s newly minted chief executive, promised as a candidate to do what his predecessor did not: Suspend Sheriff Scott Israel of Broward County in response to the Parkland shooting. https://t.co/H7f3m69atB
— Patricia Mazzei (@PatriciaMazzei) January 10, 2019
— New Times Broward (@NewTimesBroward) January 9, 2019
Gov. Ron DeSantis hinted Wednesday that he may oust Broward Sheriff Scott Israel, who has been criticized over his agency’s response to the worst school shooting in Florida history. https://t.co/620IeULmRN
— Chicago News Bench™ (@ChiNewsBench) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march