REPORT: Florida Governor Signals He May Suspend Sheriff Over Parkland Shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
MIAMI — After nearly a year of deepening anger over a deadly Florida high school shooting and the bungled police response that followed, no prominent officials have been held directly accountable for their handling of the tragedy. That may be about to change.
Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida’s newly minted Republican chief executive, promised as a candidate to do what his predecessor did not: suspend Sheriff Scott Israel of Broward County, a Democrat who bragged about his leadership even though his deputies failed to charge into Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland to try to take down the gunman.
The article goes on to state the following:
On Wednesday, during his first full day in office, Mr. DeSantis indicated that he planned to take action quickly on Sheriff Israel’s future, though he has not suspended him yet.
Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida’s newly minted chief executive, promised as a candidate to do what his predecessor did not: suspend Sheriff Scott Israel of Broward County in response to the Parkland shooting https://t.co/VgshruldNm
— NYT National News (@NYTNational) January 10, 2019
Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida’s newly minted chief executive, promised as a candidate to do what his predecessor did not: Suspend Sheriff Scott Israel of Broward County in response to the Parkland shooting. https://t.co/H7f3m69atB
— Patricia Mazzei (@PatriciaMazzei) January 10, 2019
— New Times Broward (@NewTimesBroward) January 9, 2019
Gov. Ron DeSantis hinted Wednesday that he may oust Broward Sheriff Scott Israel, who has been criticized over his agency’s response to the worst school shooting in Florida history. https://t.co/620IeULmRN
— Chicago News Bench™ (@ChiNewsBench) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: White House explains bandage on Trump’s hand, Twitter goes wild (PHOTOS)
- BREAKING: Pelosi sends letter to Trump on his State of the Union address
- VIDEO: Clemson Tigers get ANOTHER meal invite after Trump’s fast-food meal
- REPORT: Kremlin responds to theory of Trump being a ‘Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Border ranchers share alarm about prayer rugs found on their property
- REPORT: Clemson quarterback says White House quote is fake
- REPORT: Rashida Tlaib lambasts ‘right wing media’ over coverage of picture with pro-Hezbollah activist
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez, freshmen Dems attempt to hand deliver request to McConnell (pictures)
- REPORT: House passes relief bill to fund government, six Republicans vote with Dems
- BREAKING: Top Trump official resigned over White House Puerto Rico plan