REPORT: Florida woman survives hippo attack
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A Florida woman is “incredibly lucky” to be alive after she was nearly killed by a fiercely protective mamma hippo while on a dream vacation to Africa, according to reports.
Kristen Yaldor, of Odessa, decided to celebrate her 37th birthday with an extravagant trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe with her husband, Ryan Yaldor, the Tampa Bay Times reports.
The article goes on to state the following:
They were floating down the Zambezi River, along with two tour guides, when the animal came up under their canoe and tossed the vessel skyward in an instant, sending Kristen into the water while her husband managed to swim to a nearby island. The massive mammal chomped down on Kristen’s leg, snapping her femur.
Kristen survived the attack but remains in intensive care in South Africa.
Kristen and her husband were floating down the Zambezi River when the animal came up under their canoe and tossed the vessel skyward in an instant, sending Kristen into the water while her husband managed to swim to a nearby island. https://t.co/ko0iA2Qwhh
— Joshua Rhett Miller (@joshuarhett) December 4, 2018
Florida woman on dream Zimbabwe vacation is tossed from her canoe, dragged underwater and has her leg broken by angry hippo https://t.co/1tTAuRLU65
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) December 4, 2018
Bad luck in nature or irresponsible tourism? A Florida woman was hospitalized after a mother hippo attacked her canoe.https://t.co/XeNlV3gl3P
— tbt* (@tbtnewspaper) December 3, 2018
— Miami Herald (@MiamiHerald) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYPost.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: New details emerge on judge who upheld subpoenas on Trump’s bank records
- BREAKING: Lone Republican blocks House passage of disaster relief bill
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally
- REPORT: House Intelligence enjoys breakthrough with Justice Department
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham predicts Dems’ reaction to declassification of documents on Trump campaign surveillance
- REPORT: Trump, Pelosi wage Twitter war over ‘stammer’ video
- REPORT: Meteorologist fact-checks Ocasio-Cortez after her bizarre claim about tornado
- REPORT: Suspected illegal immigrant accused of impregnating 11-year-old girl [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Twitter permanently bans two famous Trump antagonists
- REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits