REPORT: Former British paratrooper to be charged in Bloody Sunday shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
A former British paratrooper is being charged for his role in the killing of more than a dozen Northern Ireland civil rights protestors during the Bloody Sunday massacre in 1972.
Northern Ireland’s Public Prosecution Service announced the decision on Thursday, with director Stephen Herron, saying there was “sufficient evidence” to prosecute, according to The Guardian.
The article goes on to state the following:
“It has been concluded that there is sufficient available evidence to prosecute one former soldier, Soldier F, for the murder of James Wray and William McKinney, and for the attempted murders of Joseph Friel, Michael Quinn, Joe Mahon and Patrick O’Donnell,” Herron said. “In respect of the other 18 suspects, including 16 former soldiers and two alleged Official IRA members, it has been concluded that the available evidence is insufficient to provide a reasonable prospect of conviction.”
The former soldier will not be named, The Guardian reported. The news outlet added that he will only be identified through letters that were used during an inquiry into the massacre that ran between 1998 and 2010.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- DML Monday night, quick Walk & Talk May 20
- POLL: Should Don Lemon be fired for his racist statement against white men?
- REPORT: American ex-Taliban militant set to walk free
- REPORT: Twitter user who asked Warren for help with her love life says they spoke on the phone
- REPORT: Buttigieg appears on cover of gay magazine [PHOTO]
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Shooting leaves 5 schools on lockdown as cops hunt for killer on loose
- VIDEO: The twisted motive behind the alleged murder-for-hire plot that’s rocked the NYPD
- VIDEO: Dems use hearing to repeatedly quiz, stump Ben Carson on obscure acronyms
- NYC law professor bashes white people in op-ed