REPORT: Former CIA director blasts Trump, calls on Congress to end shutdown before negotiating border security
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former CIA Director and frequent Trump critic John Brennan on Thursday called on Congress to end the partial government shutdown before negotiating on border security.
In a tweet, Brennan wrote that the Constitution “does not say Congress is subservient to the President,” and blasted President Trump as “unstable, unfit, and reckless.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Article One of the Constitution, which established the Legislative Branch, does not say Congress is subservient to the President (especially an unstable, unfit, & reckless one),” Brennan tweeted. “Congress must do its job—fund the government, end the shutdown, & then negotiate border security.”
Article One of the Constitution, which established the Legislative Branch, does not say Congress is subservient to the President (especially an unstable, unfit, & reckless one). Congress must do its job—fund the government, end the shutdown, & then negotiate border security. https://t.co/hXPRteoLzi
— John O. Brennan (@JohnBrennan) January 10, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) January 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- TRUMP TWEET: Big announcement and a VERY touching video
- EXCLUSIVE: American businessman proves in 3 minutes why Ocasio-Cortez is all wrong on socialism (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: AOC fires back at Ingraham over guest’s ‘Latina thing’ comment
- VIDEO: Jim Jordan’s letter to AG on bias may have prompted high-level departures from Mueller’s team
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway weighs in on Trump & husband dispute
- REPORT: Hope Hicks, AMI agree to turn over documents for House probe into Trump
- REPORT: Police chief’s daughter kills self, 2 kids in murder-suicide
- VIDEO: Fox News Hosts Tear Into Trump Over John McCain Attacks
- EXCLUSIVE: DML responds to Rep. Rashida Tlaib’s tweet about “white supremacy”