REPORT: Former CIA head says Trump’s foreign intel comments are a ‘violation of the oath of office’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Former CIA Director and Defense Secretary Leon Panetta on Friday tore into President Trump’s recent comments suggesting he would accept foreign intel on a campaign opponent, calling it a “violation of the oath of office.”
CNN’s Erin Burnett pressed the ex-Obama official on whether Trump’s comments could qualify as an impeachable act.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The president of the United States swears an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. And to defend it against all enemies — foreign and domestic,” Panetta said.
He continued, “The law says that no one should receive any kind of benefit, any candidate who receives a benefit from any foreign country is violating the laws of our country. That’s clear. It’s a violation of law.”
He concluded, “And for the President of the United States to say he would be willing to take that information and not have to call the FBI, I think represents a violation of the oath of office that this president took.”
Watch the video:
“I think clearly it does represent a dangerous moment … Once these incidents take place, they’re going to be countered with other efforts…and that means escalation,” former CIA director Leon Panetta says about the attack on two tankers in the Gulf of Oman. pic.twitter.com/NpdHW1nS8V
— OutFrontCNN (@OutFrontCNN) June 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- Obama ‘spreading lie’ about school gun violence
- EXCLUSIVE — TEAM DML: New merchandise available now
- REPORT: Michelle Obama on Presidency: ‘If a Black Guy Can Do It, Anybody Can’
- REPORT: Obama’s Pro-Iran Echo Chamber Finds New Ally in Republican Senator
- REPORT: ‘Bachelor’ star pleads guilty to reduced charge in fatal accident
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question
- REPORT: Judge’s Description of Epstein in 33-Page Opinion is Stunning
- BREAKING: Teen found wandering in Kentucky says he’s the boy who vanished almost 8 years ago
- One NFL team makes up half of the players still protesting, kneeling
- BREAKING: Iran ‘seizes British-flagged oil tanker’