REPORT: Former Gov. Scott Walker shares details on a new career path
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by JSONLINE.COM:
Former Gov. Scott Walker has accepted a full-time position running a national conservative youth organization based in northern Virginia.
Walker said the move rules out a run for his old job or any other political office in the next few years.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This would preclude me from running for governor in this next cycle or running for the U.S. Senate if Ron Johnson’s seat is open,” Walker said in an interview with the Journal Sentinel.
He said he is “absolutely thrilled” with his coming role as president of the Young America’s Foundation, a group that works to promote and popularize conservative ideas among young people.
According to the report, Walker has agreed to service at least four years, and will assume his full-time role with the organization at the beginning of 2021, when the current president retires after serving over 40 years with the group.
Walker said he is making the announcement about his plans now, so any future Wisconsin governor or senate candidates will know he won’t be running for either of those offices.
“I won’t be engaged in anything else. This will be my sole occupation,” Walker said. He will keep his Wisconsin residence, but will be seeking a new home in either Washington, D.C. or northern Virginia.
In explaining his decision to take the helm of “Young America’s Foundation,” Walker expressed concern that so many younger Americans are leaning towards socialism and feel less pride in America.
“I look at it and say we’ve got to not just up the number of chapters … have a presence on every campus, public and private, not just four-year but even two-year, but we’ve got to find new ways to communicate to folks …. new ways to get the message out,” he said, according to the report.
CLICK HERE to read the full report from the Journal Sentinel.
— BillGlauber (@BillGlauber) July 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit JSONLINE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Video captures horrifying moment of deadly New Zealand volcano eruption, Americans among tourists trapped on island
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- VIDEO: ‘I Shouldn’t Have Done It’: Elizabeth Warren Apologizes When Confronted About Native American Claims
- REPORT: Biden: ‘Nobody warned me’ about Hunter and Ukraine because Beau was dying
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Graham: We Will End Impeachment Trial ‘As Quickly As Possible’
- VIDEO: Protestor interrupts impeachment hearing, screams at Nadler, hauled out of room
- VIDEO: ‘They’re irrelevant’: Nadler defends not calling Republican witnesses for impeachment
- REPORT: New Muslim congresswoman flips after election, now supports anti-Israel boycott