REPORT: Former NBA player sentenced to years in prison for charity fraud
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Former NBA player Kermit Washington has been sentenced to six years in federal prison for spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in charity donations on vacations, shopping sprees and plastic surgery for his girlfriend.
Former NBA player Kermit Washington receives prison sentence for misusing nearly $970,000 in charity donations. https://t.co/2VYoXIEVg4
— AP Central U.S. (@APCentralRegion) July 10, 2018
The U.S. attorney’s office said in a news release that the 66-year-old Las Vegas man was also ordered Monday to pay nearly $970,000 in restitution after pleading guilty in November to making a false statement in a tax return and aggravated identity theft.
The article goes on to state the following:
Washington played for several NBA teams in the 1970s and 1980s. He is best known for throwing a punch that fractured Houston Rockets player Rudy Tomjanovich’s face and left him unconscious during a 1977 game. Washington was playing for the Los Angeles Lakers at the time.
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: One DEAD, gunman holding hostages at LA Trader Joe’s SURRENDERS
- REPORT: City Named The ‘Rat Capital’ Of The U.S.
- BREAKING: Justice Dept releases surveillance applications for former Trump aide
- BREAKING: Gunman takes hostages inside a Trader Joe’s (video)
- Trump Tweet: Statement on hostage situation at Trader Joe’s store
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- REPORT: Missouri duck boat accident takes even more tragic turn
- BREAKING: Avenatti makes shocking offer regarding Michael Cohen (video)
- DML TV: Debate breaks out on FOX about illegal aliens voting in US elections
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?