REPORT: Former Obama White House counsel set to stand trial
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Former Obama White House counsel Greg Craig is set to go on trial in August after he was charged with lying to the Justice Department about his ties to the Ukrainian government.
Judge Amy Berman Jackson of the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia set an Aug. 12 trial date on Friday. The investigation by federal authorities in Craig was one of the 14 referrals that stemmed from special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into the allegations of the Trump campaign colluding with agents of the Russian government.
The article goes on to state the following:
Craig, 74, is charged with failing to register as an agent on behalf of Ukraine after he spent years as a lobbyist defending Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych’s jailing of a political opponent. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges, calling the prosecution “unprecedented and unjustified.”
a 74 year old Former Obama White House counsel has been charged with failing to register as an agent on behalf of Ukraine after he spent years as a lobbyist defending Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych’s jailing of a political opponent.https://t.co/dLwi6ZdxCC
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) April 20, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Screenwriter Behind ‘The Hate U Give,’ Dies Day Before Film Premiere
- REPORT: AOC makes shocking statement about Mitch McConnell
- REPORT: Trump Administration Makes Decision On Granting Venezuelans Temporary Protection
- BREAKING: Retired Supreme Court Justice dies at age 99
- EXCLUSIVE: Chris Pratt criticized for wearing patriotic flag shirt; here’s how you can take a stand
- REPORT: Trump fires back with blistering tweet at Tillerson over Putin statement
- REPORT: 18-year-old pilot and pageant queen dies in fiery plane crash
- Elementary teacher suspended over sexual orientation talk with students
- REPORT: Mexico makes stunning claim on where funding for migrant caravan came from
- VIDEO: Kevin McCarthy condemns House vote on Trump’s ‘go back’ comments