REPORT: Founder of misused GoFundMe account for homeless man is arrested on separate warrant
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
The man who– along with his girlfriend– stands accused of spending $400,000 they raised for a homeless veteran was arrested Monday in New Jersey on an unrelated outstanding warrant, authorities said.
Mark D’Amico, 39, was taken into custody at his home and brought to the Burlington County Jail, the Florence Township Police Department wrote on Facebook. D’Amico was released Tuesday after posting $500 bail, WPIX-TV in New York City reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Police confirmed the outstanding warrant was unrelated to the GoFundMe investigation.
The warrant originated from an October 2017 traffic stop, where police say he allegedly drove with a suspended license, failed to turn his license over while suspended and drove a vehicle with a broken taillight, Philadelphia news station WPVI-TV reported.
D’Amico failed to appear in court for the citation and was arrested in May 2018, the station reported. He posted bail, but again reportedly failed to go to court in July. Police said they reissued the warrant and arrested him Monday.
D’Amico and his girlfriend, Katelyn McClure, 28, are under investigation for allegedly mismanaging donations raised through GoFundMe for homeless veteran Johnny Bobbitt, who used his last $20 to buy McClure gas when she was stranded on Interstate 95 in Philadelphia last year.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Christine Blasey Ford, accuser of Brett Kavanaugh, will testify in open hearing
- CLAIM: New Kavanaugh bombshell hinted at by news aggregator: ‘Another Woman?’
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh has records from 1982 that may help his defense against allegations
- BREAKING: Michael Avenatti representing woman with ‘credible information’ about Brett Kavanaugh
- REPORT: Grassley releases letter detailing Kavanaugh sexual assault allegation
- REPORT: Brett Kavanaugh defends himself against second sexual misconduct accusation
- REPORT: Poll shows how many people want FBI to investigate Kavanaugh allegation
- VIDEO: Democrat reveals what she’ll grill Brett Kavanaugh about at hearing
- BREAKING: New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct From Kavanaugh’s College Years
- BREAKING: Feinstein makes demand about Kavanaugh after new allegation