REPORT: Freedom Caucus is replacing its leader. Here’s who will take the reigns
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) will step down as chairman of the House Freedom Caucus on Oct. 1 and will be replaced by Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), who was officially elected as the new chairman on Tuesday.
Meadows, one of President Trump’s close allies, was a heavy influence on House legislation as leader of the conservative group during Trump’s first term, and he is expected to remain on its board moving forward.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I’ve been honored and humbled to serve as chairman of the Freedom Caucus for the last two and a half years, and I can’t think of a better person to pass the torch to than Andy Biggs,” Meadows said in a statement.
“Rep. Biggs is an outstanding public servant, a strong conservative, and a steady voice with the right experience to build on the tremendous strides our caucus has made since 2015 in fighting for open, limited, and accountable government. He’ll be a phenomenal leader for our group,” Meadows added.
“I’m grateful for the trust of my colleagues in selecting me to serve as the next chairman of the @freedomcaucus. Great leaders like @Jim_Jordan and @RepMarkMeadows have fostered a caucus that is a force for conservative principles,” Biggs tweeted.
I’m grateful for the trust of my colleagues in selecting me to serve as the next chairman of the @freedomcaucus. Great leaders like @Jim_Jordan and @RepMarkMeadows have fostered a caucus that is a force for conservative principles, https://t.co/qQ1B5iHmTR
— Rep Andy Biggs (@RepAndyBiggsAZ) September 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy reacts to DOJ decision on McCabe
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- VIDEO: Joe Biden: I’m ‘disappointed’ in Lindsey Graham
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver