REPORT: Funny Dating Ad Goes Viral
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by SIMPLEMOST.COM:
Before the rise of Tinder, OkCupid, Bumble and all the rest of them, people were still trying to sell themselves in order to score a date. The only difference is that, more than 100 years ago, they didn’t have the internet to help them do it.
Yup. Back in the day, things were a little different. Just check out this vintage personal ad from a newspaper that was printed all the way back in 1865. The image was posted last year by Oxford University researcher Max Roser on Twitter, and it’s pretty amazing to see what constituted a good catch in the 19th century:
Looking for a wife in 1865 pic.twitter.com/5YWWag7isA
— Max Roser (@MaxCRoser) June 19, 2017
The article goes on to state the following:
If you were looking for a patriotic man with a full set of choppers in 1865, it sounds like this guy may have been your match. Although a “good set of teeth” might not necessarily sound like something to boast about, dentures made from dead people’s real teeth were not uncommon back then, so his pearly whites may have been quite the selling point.
To weigh in on this information provided by SIMPLEMOST.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting SIMPLEMOST.COM
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: House Dems to offer additional funding for ‘border security’ to reopen government
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine tears Nancy Pelosi to shreds in blistering monologue, concludes with shocking image
- BREAKING: Pelosi releases blistering statement on Trump’s offer to legalize Dreamers for wall money
- BREAKING: Inside the Mueller team’s decision to dispute BuzzFeed’s explosive story on Trump and Cohen
- REPORT: Four boys ages 12 to 14 are charged with kidnapping and raping a girl
- BREAKING: Details leaked on Trump’s planned announcement, expected compromise on shutdown
- EXCLUSIVE: Ann Coulter lambasts President Trump’s compromise proposal with Twitter rampage
- BREAKING: President Trump makes announcement on proposal to end shutdown (VIDEO)
- POLL: Do you approve of President Trump’s ‘immigration compromise’ proposal?
- BREAKING: Skating champion dies by suicide day after being suspended