REPORT: Funny Dating Ad Goes Viral
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by SIMPLEMOST.COM:
Before the rise of Tinder, OkCupid, Bumble and all the rest of them, people were still trying to sell themselves in order to score a date. The only difference is that, more than 100 years ago, they didn’t have the internet to help them do it.
Yup. Back in the day, things were a little different. Just check out this vintage personal ad from a newspaper that was printed all the way back in 1865. The image was posted last year by Oxford University researcher Max Roser on Twitter, and it’s pretty amazing to see what constituted a good catch in the 19th century:
Looking for a wife in 1865 pic.twitter.com/5YWWag7isA
— Max Roser (@MaxCRoser) June 19, 2017
The article goes on to state the following:
If you were looking for a patriotic man with a full set of choppers in 1865, it sounds like this guy may have been your match. Although a “good set of teeth” might not necessarily sound like something to boast about, dentures made from dead people’s real teeth were not uncommon back then, so his pearly whites may have been quite the selling point.
To weigh in on this information provided by SIMPLEMOST.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting SIMPLEMOST.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Former ‘Apprentice’ Troy McClain responds to allegations that he played ‘N-word’ tape for Omarosa
- REPORT: CDC warns massive measles outbreak has hit 21 states
- BREAKING: Trump revokes security clearance of former Obama administration CIA director (video)
- REPORT: Philadelphia mom who paid $25k for prom send off is charged with defrauding US government
- REPORT: Jimmy Kimmel recalls stunning incident with Omarosa
- VIDEO: Dem Set to Become First Muslim Woman in Congress Pledges to ‘Absolutely’ Vote Against Aid to Israel
- REPORT: Pregnant mom and her 2 daughters missing, may be endangered
- REPORT: Ex-CIA Director John Brennan fires back after White House revokes his security clearance (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Former Trump employee releases statement on Omarosa
- REPORT: Somali refugee wins Democratic primary in Keith Ellison’s old district