REPORT: Gay activists protest Russia’s anti-LGBTQ laws with ‘hidden flag’ during World Cup
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
LGBTQ activists from around the world gathered in Russia this weekend to protest Russia’s anti-gay policies.
The six activists, wearing colorful soccer jerseys from their home countries, created what they called a “hidden flag” as they walked side by side throughout Moscow.
The article goes on to state the following:
The jerseys from Spain, Holland, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, and Colombia together made up a rainbow, similar to the well-known LGBTQ pride flag.
The Hidden Flag project staged the protest this week because the world’s attention is focused heavily on Russia as the World Cup inches towards its final stages, according to their website.
Russia in 2013 passed a “gay propaganda” ban, making it illegal to promote a host of topics associated with LGBTQ+ rights, including the pride flag.
6 activists have found a creative way to bring the 🏳️🌈 to Russia during the #WorldCup to support LGBTI people and activists. Take a look at the @FELGTB #hiddenflag campaign here ➡ https://t.co/dtfD3WCjm4 #supportallcolours pic.twitter.com/Vvfg5m3Saw
— LGBTI Intergroup (@LGBTIintergroup) July 9, 2018
In Russia it’s illegal to display the LGBT pride flag. So during the #WorldCup these 6 football fans have formed a hidden rainbow flag with their soccer jerseys, to protest Russia’s discriminatory laws in plain sight. #HiddenFlag ✊🏳️🌈 pic.twitter.com/I6uvYztGlR
— Jason Ball (@jasonballau) July 9, 2018
— COPA90 US (@COPA90US) July 9, 2018
With strict rules dictating the public display of #LGBT flags in Russia, six activists from Latin America found a creative way to make a statement by using their football shirts at the #WorldCup. #hiddenflag https://t.co/n477y6bKh4 pic.twitter.com/0nJ5ucve3v
— Fare (@farenet) July 9, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Hundreds of Yale alumnae take action against Kavanaugh with open letter
- REPORT: Kavanaugh’s Yearbook Page Is ‘Horrible, Hurtful’ to Woman It Named
- BREAKING: McConnell makes big announcement about Kavanaugh vote in fiery speech (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Kavanaugh fires back at latest allegation, releases letter
- REPORT: Conservative millennial commentator SLAMS Obamas, telling former first lady to ‘sit down’
- REPORT: Letter from Kavanaugh accuser to Grassley released to public, Grassley responds
- REPORT: Deal with accuser leads to change for vote on Kavanaugh
- BREAKING: Maryland police respond to claim about investigating Kavanaugh allegations
- BREAKING: International human rights group demands halt of Kavanaugh nomination for new bizarre allegation
- BREAKING: Ted Cruz Chased Out Of DC Restaurant By Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters (VIDEO)