REPORT: ‘Gazillion-dollar error’: Why Iowa Democrats are afraid of Warren’s ‘Medicare for all’ plan
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
SPENCER, Iowa — Elizabeth Warren’s “Medicare for all” government-financed healthcare plan is unnerving Iowa Democrats as the prospect of her seizing the 2020 Democratic presidential nomination becomes more real.
Voters in the first nominating contest state say they’re scared both about the $26 trillion price tag of “Medicare for all” and the opening it could give President Trump to tag the Massachusetts senator as a socialist whose efforts to abolish private health insurance would leave to the collapse of the American healthcare system.
The article goes on to state the following:
It’s becoming a serious challenge for the Warren campaign, which has a natural group of voters who vehemently want to oust Trump in 2020 but are leery of Warren’s far-left policy proposals.
“I’m not saying it’s wrong, but I’m scared. I really am. I’d be scared to have an appendectomy, too — it’s big, it’s bold, it may be great,” one voter reportedly stated.
Another voter warned, “I don’t think she’s talking with the society, with people, what we want. She has her agenda of control, and I think people are getting sick of it because what they’re wanting — they, as in our big government system — I mean the layers of corruption I believe are so deep. How is that person going to start chipping away at that? And I think she’s part of all of that.”
“I’m not saying it’s wrong, but I’m scared. I really am”
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) November 7, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts