REPORT: Gillibrand will start her first campaign speech by calling Trump a ‘coward’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) is expected to take aim at President Trump in a speech kicking off her 2020 presidential campaign in front of one of his New York properties on Sunday.
Gillibrand will blast Trump as a “coward” who “punches down” and label the Trump International Hotel as a “shrine to greed, division and vanity,” according to excerpts of her prepared remarks obtained by multiple news outlets.
The article goes on to state the following:
“President Trump is tearing apart the moral fabric of our country,” she plans to say, Reuters noted. “He demonizes the vulnerable and he punches down…Our president is a coward.”
Gillibrand, who announced she was forming an exploratory committee for a 2020 run in January, officially launched her campaign last week. The Democratic senator announced her candidacy in a video that criticized Trump and highlighted a number of progressive causes.
“Brave doesn’t spread hate, cloud truth, build a wall,” Gillibrand said in the video. “That’s what fear does.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FOX affiliate staffer fired after TV station airs grotesque, altered video of President Trump
- BREAKING: Anti-Trump activists hold rallies across US to call for impeachment [VIDEOS, PICTURES]
- TRILOGY DVD (They Come to America I, II, and III)
- VIDEO: Trump comments on Navy UFO sightings
- REPORT: Popular teen magazine promotes prostitution, sexting, to an audience of minors
- VIDEO: Fan who threw beer on NFL player should be prosecuted, agent says
- REPORT: Muslim Mob Burns Christian Church After Arrest
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Audio from Amtrak derailment (listen)
- REPORT: Dominican model in ‘love triangle between David Ortiz and a drug lord’