REPORT: Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over its effort to rebrand itself
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
NEW YORK — The Girl Scouts of the United States of America filed a trademark infringement lawsuit on Monday against the Boy Scouts of America for dropping the word “boy” from its flagship program in an effort to attract girls.
In the complaint filed in Manhattan federal court, the Girls Scouts claim the program “does not have a right under either federal or New York law to use terms like scouts or scouting by themselves in connection with services offered to girls, or to rebrand itself as ‘the Scouts.'”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Such misconduct will not only cause confusion among the public, damage the goodwill of GSUSA’s Girl Scouts trademarks, and erode its core brand identity, but it will also marginalize the Girl Scouts Movement by causing the public to believe that GSUSA’s extraordinarily successful services are not true or official ‘Scouting’ programs, but niche services with limited utility and appeal,” the complaint said.
The Boy Scouts of America announced it would drop ‘Boy’ from it’s name, but the Girl Scouts claim the program “does not have a right.” https://t.co/Qy78qMW92B
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) November 7, 2018
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: FL sheriff releases footage of moment boy, 15, arrested for threatening a school shooting
- REPORT: Democrat councilwoman sworn in on Dr. Seuss book [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: California Supreme Court rules on lawsuit challenging unusual bullet identification law
- REPORT: Fact Check: Elizabeth Warren Crowd Size Reports May Be Inaccurate | Breitbart
- VIDEO: NYT columnist points out the ‘scandal’ that media didn’t cover on Omar, Tlaib Israel trip
- REPORT: Daily Mail: Photo of Epstein Pal at In-N-Out Was Staged
- BREAKING: Network beats Fox News in key ratings for first time in 17 years
- REPORT: The Mooch Says He Was ‘Wrong’ About Trump In Blistering Op-Ed
- REPORT: Gov’t Delivers 100,000 Cheap Visa-Workers to Disney, Tourist Industry