REPORT: Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over its effort to rebrand itself
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
NEW YORK — The Girl Scouts of the United States of America filed a trademark infringement lawsuit on Monday against the Boy Scouts of America for dropping the word “boy” from its flagship program in an effort to attract girls.
In the complaint filed in Manhattan federal court, the Girls Scouts claim the program “does not have a right under either federal or New York law to use terms like scouts or scouting by themselves in connection with services offered to girls, or to rebrand itself as ‘the Scouts.'”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Such misconduct will not only cause confusion among the public, damage the goodwill of GSUSA’s Girl Scouts trademarks, and erode its core brand identity, but it will also marginalize the Girl Scouts Movement by causing the public to believe that GSUSA’s extraordinarily successful services are not true or official ‘Scouting’ programs, but niche services with limited utility and appeal,” the complaint said.
The Boy Scouts of America announced it would drop ‘Boy’ from it’s name, but the Girl Scouts claim the program “does not have a right.” https://t.co/Qy78qMW92B
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
The Girl Scouts filed a trademark infringement lawsuit on Monday against the Boy Scouts for dropping the word “boy” from its flagship program in an effort to attract girls. https://t.co/7E3Fp8ToZd
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) November 7, 2018
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Vision shared of plans for MAJOR Muslim political expansion at event honoring Omar and Tlaib (VIDEO)
- TRUMP TWEET: ‘These guys…ought to be in jail’ (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Alaska governor Mike Dunleavy offers Trump use of troops along 3,000 miles away US-Mexico border
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against escalating socialism in America
- VIDEO: Clip of actress blaming Trump, Pence for attack on Jussie Smollett goes viral amid new revelations
- VIDEO: Schiff: There’s ‘pretty compelling’ evidence of collusion
- VIDEO: Biden tells Europeans that America is ‘an embarrassment’
- REPORT: Alec Baldwin suggests Trump’s criticism of his SNL skips are ‘threat to my safety’
- REPORT: Multiple fatalities, injuries, after shooting in Cancun night club
- VIDEO: ‘Saturday Night Live’ mocks Trump’s national emergency, Pres. Trump responds