REPORT: Girl Scouts sue Boy Scouts over its effort to rebrand itself
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by USATODAY.COM:
NEW YORK — The Girl Scouts of the United States of America filed a trademark infringement lawsuit on Monday against the Boy Scouts of America for dropping the word “boy” from its flagship program in an effort to attract girls.
In the complaint filed in Manhattan federal court, the Girls Scouts claim the program “does not have a right under either federal or New York law to use terms like scouts or scouting by themselves in connection with services offered to girls, or to rebrand itself as ‘the Scouts.'”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Such misconduct will not only cause confusion among the public, damage the goodwill of GSUSA’s Girl Scouts trademarks, and erode its core brand identity, but it will also marginalize the Girl Scouts Movement by causing the public to believe that GSUSA’s extraordinarily successful services are not true or official ‘Scouting’ programs, but niche services with limited utility and appeal,” the complaint said.
The Boy Scouts of America announced it would drop ‘Boy’ from it’s name, but the Girl Scouts claim the program “does not have a right.” https://t.co/Qy78qMW92B
— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) November 7, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit USATODAY.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
The Girl Scouts filed a trademark infringement lawsuit on Monday against the Boy Scouts for dropping the word “boy” from its flagship program in an effort to attract girls. https://t.co/7E3Fp8ToZd
— Chicago Tribune (@chicagotribune) November 7, 2018
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting USATODAY.COM
Trending on DML News
- CLAIM: Sri Lanka: Seven arrested for Easter Sunday jihad massacres, death toll passes 190
- UPDATE: Cops questioning suspect in connection with sickening Brooklyn ax murder, victims identified [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Pint-sized Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez impersonator cracks up the internet
- REPORT: Grassley warns White House not to oust any more top immigration officials
- VIDEO: April Ryan slams Mike Huckabee in fiery Twitter feud
- VIDEO: President Trump Keeps His Promise To 95-Year-Old WWII Vet
- Text messages discredit anti-gun march organizer’s alleged statement claiming Hunter Pollack was invited to speak at march
- REPORT: BuzzFeed News editor crushed by Twitter for jab at Trump over Sri Lanka bombings
- VIDEO: Up to 300 teenagers involved in brawl at amusement park
- BREAKING: Nunes files HUGE lawsuit alleging conspiracy to derail Clinton, Russia probes