REPORT: Girlfriend of fallen FDNY firefighter writes heartfelt goodbye
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
Fallen firefighter Steven Pollard’s grieving girlfriend wrote a heartfelt goodbye to her beau on Facebook, as friends and family prepared Wednesday to hold a wake for the tragic Bravest.
“My sweet angel I am so proud of you. You left this world a hero, something you were born to be,” Brianna Torkel wrote on her Facebook Tuesday night. “You lit a spark back in me that I thought was long gone. You were my safe place, my protector, my ball buster, my big idiot and my absolute best friend. You were my home.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Pollard, 30, died after falling more than 50 feet through a gap between lanes on the Belt Parkway’s Mill Basin Bridge on Sunday night. He was not married, but his obituary called him Torkel’s “cherished love.”
“Some people never get to experience the love we shared in a lifetime and I was lucky enough to have it with the absolute greatest man I have ever and will ever know,” the heartbroken Torkel continued. “I have unfortunately gained the greatest angel I could ever ask for, the love of my life. Please watch over your parents, family, all the fellas down at the fire house and me puppy. I love you so much. Rest in the sweetest peace.”
— New York Post (@nypost) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NYPost.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday
- REPORT: Dozens died in North Korean earthquake