REPORT: Glitch sends thousands of outdated, mysterious texts
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Across the country, hundreds of people this week began reporting that they were receiving months-old text messages in a bizarre tech-twist.
Some reported receiving texts from exes, friends, coworkers and others that were sent earlier this year around Valentine’s Day, the Washington Post reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The culprit appears to have been third-party text platform Syniverse, who said regular maintenance from its IT staff caused approximately 168,149 undelivered text messages to accidentally be sent this week. The mix-up appears to have affected phones with a number of different operating systems as well as a range of mobile carriers, including Sprint, T-Mobile, AT&T and Verizon.
The report states that the old texts are stirring up a wide range of emotions. Some are just random messages, such as an employee reporting they will be out sick for the day. Others are from now-deceased loved ones.
One woman, a college student in Arizona, said she received a text from her father, who died in March, asking, “How is your day going?”
The new ‘dog-ate-my-homework’: Text platform Syniverse, which is apparently involved in the sending of many of our text messages, says regular maintenance caused 168,149 messages to be delivered 8 months late. By @mariecbaca: https://t.co/JI56iHkR9r
— Christina Passariello (@cpassariello) November 7, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) November 8, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts