REPORT: ‘Good thing that he was surrounded by Secret Service’: Joe Biden angered Gold Star parents days after son died
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
A conversation with then-Vice President Joe Biden left a Gold Star family perplexed and angry just minutes before the dignified transfer of their son’s remains in November 2016.
“It was a horrible conversation, it was a horrible experience,” Mike Iubelt, the father of the fallen Army Pfc. Tyler Iubelt, 20, told the Washington Examiner. “I left there feeling worse than I did before he walked through the doors.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Biden, in his first public appearance at a dignified transfer in the final months of President Barack Obama’s administration, encountered Iubelt’s family at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware. There, the family said, he complimented Iubelt’s widow in a way that rankled both parents. Additionally, the family said, Biden upset them by expressing pessimism about the War in Afghanistan while they awaited the remains of their son, who died three days earlier.
Biden was asked what could be done to prevent tragedies like Iubelt’s death, which came after an Afghan national carried out a suicide bombing at Bagram Airfield.
According to Charlotte Loquasto, Iubelt’s mother, the then vice president said, “Well, unfortunately, they’re a 14th-century country, they don’t want us there, they’re never going to change.”
“He’s second in line, he could potentially be our leader any day, and he doesn’t even know why we’re there,” Loquasto said of the comment.
Another comment rankled Mike Iubelt. He says Biden told the recently deceased soldier’s widow, Shelby Iubelt, that “she was too pretty for this to happen to her.”
“It’s probably a good thing that he was surrounded by Secret Service, probably for both of us, because I’d probably be locked up in jail right now,” Iubelt told the Examiner.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Another royal break. This time it’s Prince William and Kate Middleton, but its not an exit
- VIDEO: Students Who Tried To Kick Out White People ‘Thought They Were Gonna Be Hailed As Heroes’
- VIDEO: Former child star dies at age 25
- TRUMP: Responds to Barr’s request to stop tweeting about DOJ … in a tweet
- REPORT: Iran MP Offers Reward for Killing Trump, U.S. Ambassador Responds
- JUST IN: Major retailer to close 125 stores, shed 2,000 corporate jobs
- EXCLUSIVE: WATCH: Patrons less than enthused when Elizabeth Warren visits restaurant
- VIDEO: CNN Anchor Tells Nancy Pelosi That Trump Was Acquitted — She Interrupts, Claims He Wasn’t
- VIDEO: Gutfeld rips media after Avenatti verdict
- VIDEO: Horrific Dallas street-racing crash kills innocent driver