REPORT: GOP bill would make first-time illegal border crossing a felony, punish sanctuary cities
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Diane Black, R-Tenn., introduced legislation Tuesday that would reclassify a first-time illegal entry at the border as a felony instead of a misdemeanor.
Her Zero Tolerance for Illegal Entry Act would change the punishment for those apprehended illegally entering the U.S. for the first time to one year and one day in prison, which therefore makes it a felony. Today, the misdemeanor offense comes with jail term of up to six months.
The article goes on to state the following:
The Tennessee lawmaker said she is proposing the change because she believes it would prevent would-be illegal entrants from coming to the U.S., and encourage migrants to apply for asylum at ports of entry instead of using smugglers to travel to the U.S.-Mexico border then cross between ports.
Black’s bill also seeks to strip federal funding from the more than 400 sanctuary cities and counties that do not honor U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents requests for illegal immigrants in local law enforcement’s custody. Her will would sent that money to ICE, which she said could use the funding.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- VIDEO: Someone in State Dept likely involved in bid to take down Trump
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- VIDEO: Trump responds to Democrats’ call to expand the Supreme Court
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- REPORT: Lori Loughlin’s daughter, Olivia Jade, reportedly didn’t fill out her own college application