REPORT: GOP Congressman: Trump got the Left to care about foreign intelligence in elections
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., said President Trump’s comment about being willing to accept foreign opposition research in the 2020 presidential election was a successful way to get the Left to care about foreign intelligence being used by campaigns.
In a tweet on Friday the House Freedom Caucus chairman compared the Democrats’ troubled reaction to Trump’s remark to their dismissal of the Steele dossier.
The article goes on to state the following:
“This week President Trump was able to do something no one else could: get the left to care about foreign intel in our elections,” the North Carolina Republican said. “You’d think Democrats paying for oppo research from Russians, then funneling it to DOJ to open an investigation, would’ve done the trick. Guess not.”
This week President Trump was able to do something no one else could: get the left to care about foreign intel in our elections.
You’d think Democrats paying for oppo research from Russians, then funneling it to DOJ to open an investigation, would’ve done the trick. Guess not.
— Mark Meadows (@RepMarkMeadows) June 14, 2019
The dossier contained unverified claims about Trump’s ties to Russia and was used extensively in the FBI’s Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act applications targeting former Trump campaign associate Carter Page. It was compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele, whose work for opposition research firm Fusion GPS was funded by Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: Oklahoma teen accused of threatening to shoot ‘400 people for fun,’ officers make chilling find at her home
- REPORT: GOP signals unease with Barr’s gun plan
- REPORT: NYT reporters make new claim against Kavanaugh
- TRUMP TWEETS: Responds to news report about ‘whistleblower complaint’
- REPORT: Student’s questionable school lunch post goes viral: ‘Sad excuse for a meal’
- BREAKING: Patriots star dumped by Nike after being accused of rape
- Florida sheriff reports about armed officer on school campus
- REPORT: Two former Congressional Black Caucus chairmen back 2020 candidate
- REPORT: ‘Kangaroo justice’: William Barr slams Obama Education Department
- VIDEO: “I hung up the phone and cried”: Dana Perino on the setback that led her to the White House