REPORT: GOP lawmaker proposes legislation allowing undocumented immigrants to earn driver’s licenses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXBUSINESS.COM:
An Idaho state senator wants his state’s government to allow illegal immigrants to earn driver’s licenses, although the cards would not work for purchasing alcohol or voting.
Jim Guthrie, a Republican, plans to introduce such legislation this month or in February with the blessing of the Idaho Dairymen’s Association, according to Townhall.com.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have undocumented aliens in the country, and that’s a given,” Guthrie told the Idaho State Journal. “Until the federal government decides to address the illegal alien situation, (the proposed legislation) gives us the opportunity to maximize that workforce while they’re here, because they’re here anyway and driving anyway.”
The report states that Guthrie is making the proposal in part because of a shortage of farmworkers and truck drivers.
CLICK HERE to read more.
The Trump administration rails against states who give driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants, but meanwhile this Idaho Republican state lawmaker is sponsoring a bill to do just that, because he believes it will help the state’s agriculture industry https://t.co/RJ0dfJ0lYI
— Michelle Hackman (@MHackman) January 13, 2020
This is a total facepalm. https://t.co/b2ASjyYSlZ
— Townhall.com (@townhallcom) January 11, 2020
— Jon Dougherty (@JonDougherty10) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXBUSINESS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- VIDEO: ‘Blood Drained From Adam Schiff’s Face’: John Barrasso Says Schiff’s ‘Parody’ Backfired
- REPORT: News outlet blasted by police for breaking news of Kobe Bryant’s death before family could be notified
- REPORT: Another country offers to pick up Harry and Meghan’s massive security bill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham makes pledge about Bidens: ‘And that does not make me a Russian agent’
- VIDEO: Chris Wallace confronts Dershowitz over impeachment
- VIDEO: Tucker Carlson: Adam Schiff is turning into a Tom Clancy character
- VIDEO: “God help me, I did it.” Megyn Kelly reveals she complied with demeaning request by Roger Ailes
- VIDEO: Schiff not trusted: Democrats aren’t getting intelligence because of ‘crooked, corrupt’ lawmakers: Trump
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: ‘Stunned’ Sen. Collins objected to Nadler’s impeachment accusation in note to Roberts