REPORT: GOP Rep. Steve King, accused of racism, wins re-election in Iowa
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CNBC:
Controversial Republican Rep. Steve King will win re-election to a ninth term representing Iowa’s 4th District despite recent criticism over a series of recent actions seen as racist, NBC News has projected.
King was challenged by Democratic nominee J.D. Scholten. A paralegal and former minor league baseball player, Scholten received more than $1 million in last-minute donations after a poll revealed that King could be more vulnerable to defeat in the conservative district than since his first election to Congress.
The article goes on to state the following:
For years, King has made comments seen as racist and anti-immigrant, including a tweet in support of two anti-Islam European politicians that said, “Cultural suicide by demographic transformation must end.”
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NYPD cop identified who killed himself behind Staten Island precinct
- Illegal alien stowaways die after falling off plane (video)
- EXCLUSIVE: President Trump under attack! How to show your support
- REPORT: New data reveals how much the military has spent on transgender care since 2016
- REPORT: Nationwide ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Rallies Launch Saturday