REPORT: GOP Senator Murkowski breaks with Trump, calls for shutdown’s end
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) on Tuesday called for an end to the current government shutdown, breaking with President Trump, who has said the government shouldn’t reopen until Congress approves funding for a wall along the southern border.
Murkowski told reporters that there are parts of the government that can reopen that “don’t have anything to do with border security.”
“The operations of the Department of Interior and the National Park Service or the operations of the IRS and whether or not tax refunds go out don’t have anything to do with border security,” she said.
The article goes on to state the following:
“So let’s bifurcate these issues,” Murkowski continued. “Let’s set them aside. Let’s allow for the operations, these governmental functions in these six other departments, allow for them to continue.”
Lisa Murkowski joins calls for the rest of the federal agencies to open up even before funding fight over border security is resolved, “I think we can walk and chew gum,” she tells us
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) January 8, 2019
“I am supportive of a process that is going to allow us to get these six bills through and if we need need to do something with homeland … let’s do that,” Murkowski added
— Manu Raju (@mkraju) January 8, 2019
BREAKING: GOP Senator Lisa Murkowski just announced her support for House bill to reopen the government, without any funding for a border wall. She is the third Republican Senator to do so. Collins & Gardner are the other two. GOP Gov Hogan (MD) also called for end to shutdown.
— Scott Dworkin (@funder) January 9, 2019
MURKOWKSI says “I think you can make a distinction.”
“Let’s bifurcate these issues, let’s set them aside, let’s allow for the operations, these governmental functions of these six other departments, allow for them to continue,” she says.
— Frank Thorp V (@frankthorp) January 8, 2019
MURKOWSKI: “So for us to assume that this is not going to be a problem (for federal workers having pay delayed) is arrogant and it’s dismissive and it’s wrong. These are people who work hard and they deserve that they’re going to be paid.”
— Frank Thorp V (@frankthorp) January 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: American Islamic Group launches effort demanding Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson be FIRED by Fox News
- REPORT: Update on Fox News host Jeanine Pirro program
- POLL: Do you view Trump’s attacks on McCain as disrespectful?
- REPORT: Country singer dead at 35 after accidental shooting
- BREAKING: Former Muslim Murdoch Executive Says He Quit Over Fox’s ‘Anti-Muslim Rhetoric’ (AUDIO)
- VIDEO: Chris Kyle’s Iraqi interpreter gets US citizenship, has something say about Trump’s immigration policy
- BREAKING: Marine Corps commandant warns deploying troops to the border poses ‘unacceptable risk’
- BREAKING: Clinton, in newly revealed emails, discussed classified foreign policy matters, secretive ‘private’ comms channel with Israel
- REPORT: Sen. McSally spoke with Trump over McCain attacks
- REPORT: WikiLeaks founder releases statement on House Judiciary request for documents