REPORT: Gov. Brown launches attack on Trump during global summit: ‘Liar, fool’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Global Climate Action Summit, sponsored by California Gov. Jerry Brown, included a report that 27 major cities around the world have seen emissions decrease over a five-year period and are now at least 10 percent lower than their peak.
The cities include Berlin, London, Los Angeles, New York, Paris and San Francisco. Together the cities include about 54 million people.
The article goes on to state the following:
The report came from C40 Cities Climate Leadership, a group whose board is headed by philanthropist and former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg.
In a speech, he called the conference a way to broadcast that the U.S. is still committed to fighting global warming.
“Climate change is a global challenge and Washington ought to be leading from the front,” Bloomberg said.
Bloomberg and Brown, a Democrat, said they calculate the country is within striking distance of the reduction in greenhouse gases previously promised by the U.S.
Trump announced last year that he was withdrawing from the landmark climate accord. His administration is also pursuing policies that would boost methane emissions and roll back California’s strict vehicle emissions standards.
In response to a question Thursday at a news briefing, Brown said Trump will likely be remembered poorly when it comes to the environment.
“I think he’ll be remembered, on the path he’s now? I don’t know. Liar, criminal, fool,” the governor said.
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- Border Protection seized enough fentanyl to kill entire population of the United States
- RESEARCH: Number of Muslims in the US; how many are radical; impact on welfare
- REPORT: Mark Meadows views NEW ‘Strzok coverup’ material at DOJ
- POLL: Should Tucker Carlson be fired from Fox News?
- Princess Diana’s death was no accident, say couple who witnessed crash
- Cost of open borders exposed in Muslim refugee oath (video)
- Heat wave dubbed the ‘death ridge’ will scorch the southeastern US
- REPORT: Trump vows to ‘end’ Iran amid ‘threats’
- POLL: Should Adam Schiff be removed from office for lying to the American public?
- REPORT: Calif. Senate passes humongous spending plan that would expand benefits to people in U.S. illegally