REPORT: Governor calls for removal of judge accused of helping immigrant avoid ICE
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R) on Monday called for a judge to be temporarily removed from the bench after she allegedly helped an undocumented immigrant avoid Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents.
Baker told reporters that he didn’t think Newton District Judge Shelley Joseph should hear criminal cases until the federal grand jury investigation against her has concluded, The Boston Globe reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Baker appointed Joseph to the bench last year. He called the allegations against her “extremely troubling,” telling the paper that Joseph may have violated court policies.
A federal grand jury is investigating Joseph after Jose Medina-Perez, an undocumented immigrant, was allegedly allowed to leave out of a back door of the courthouse in April while ICE agents were waiting to arrest him.
Charlie Baker says Newton judge should be removed amid investigation into whether she helped man evade ICEhttps://t.co/uDxZwmEWHx
— Boston.com (@BostonDotCom) December 4, 2018
Charlie Baker says Newton judge should be removed amid investigation into whether she helped man evade ICE https://t.co/4XXYl1e7jO
— FairHousingSFV (@FairHousingSFV) December 4, 2018
— JE Ertel (@JeErtel) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- OpEd: Venezuelan who fled socialism publishes alarming warning on Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘Green New Deal’
- UPDATE: Ocasio-Cortez responds to ‘wack’ Times Square billboard
- SURPRISE? Dem. 2020 candidate breaks from the pack: ‘We can’t have open borders, we need to have border security’
- REPORT: Kamala Harris releases statement on Jussie Smollett scandal
- VIDEO: Hundreds of caravan migrants headed to US violently attack police in southern Mexico
- REPORT: State senate passes bill to keep Trump off 2020 ballot unless he releases tax returns
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr releases video blasting Ocasio-Cortez and socialism
- VIDEO: CNN’s Don Lemon on Smollett: ‘Not His Fault’
- REPORT: Michigan mother fatally shot 3 young daughters in woods before killing self
- BREAKING: MUST SEE – BOMBSHELL details revealed in press conference on Jussie Smollett’s hoax attack, plus revelations on homophobic letter