REPORT: Governor calls for removal of judge accused of helping immigrant avoid ICE
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker (R) on Monday called for a judge to be temporarily removed from the bench after she allegedly helped an undocumented immigrant avoid Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents.
Baker told reporters that he didn’t think Newton District Judge Shelley Joseph should hear criminal cases until the federal grand jury investigation against her has concluded, The Boston Globe reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
Baker appointed Joseph to the bench last year. He called the allegations against her “extremely troubling,” telling the paper that Joseph may have violated court policies.
A federal grand jury is investigating Joseph after Jose Medina-Perez, an undocumented immigrant, was allegedly allowed to leave out of a back door of the courthouse in April while ICE agents were waiting to arrest him.
Charlie Baker says Newton judge should be removed amid investigation into whether she helped man evade ICEhttps://t.co/uDxZwmEWHx
— Boston.com (@BostonDotCom) December 4, 2018
Charlie Baker says Newton judge should be removed amid investigation into whether she helped man evade ICE https://t.co/4XXYl1e7jO
— FairHousingSFV (@FairHousingSFV) December 4, 2018
— JE Ertel (@JeErtel) December 4, 2018
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- BREAKING: FBI Releases Key Steele Dossier Document
- Trump Tweet: Outrage over new discovery on texts between Strzok and Page
- REPORT: As ICE releases migrant families by the hundreds, churches and businesses step up to help
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide