REPORT: Governor suspends reelection campaign, endorses Dem opponent
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Alaska Gov. Bill Walker (I) announced Friday that he is ending his bid for reelection less than three weeks before Election Day and endorsing Democrat Mark Begich over Republican Mike Dunleavy.
The announcement came three days after Walker’s running mate, former Lt. Gov. Byron Mallott (D), stepped down and dropped his reelection bid, citing unspecific “inappropriate comments” made to a woman.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Effective today I am suspending my campaign,” Walker said Friday at the Alaska Federation of Natives Convention, according to the Anchorage Daily News.
“In the time remaining, it has become clear we cannot win a three-way race,” he said. “The decisions was made that at this point, Begich has the better odds. Alaskans deserve a competitive race and Alaskans deserve a choice other than Mike Dunleavey.”
CLICK HERE to read more from The Hill.
BREAKING: Alaska Gov. Bill Walker suspends re-election bid, three days after his lieutenant governor resigned.
— The Associated Press (@AP) October 19, 2018
NEW: Alaska Gov. Bill Walker suspends his re-election bid days after his Lt. Gov. resigned
This sets up a 2-way race between former Democratic Sen. Mark Begich and GOP state Sen. Mike Dunleavy
“The determination was made that, at this point, Begich has the better odds.” pic.twitter.com/fbXHk0o3FJ
— Johnny Verhovek (@JTHVerhovek) October 19, 2018
“For the generational and historical trauma you have suffered, I apologize. This apology is long overdue. It is but one step in hundreds more to go on this journey towards truth, reconciliation, and healing.”
— Governor Bill Walker (@AkGovBillWalker) October 19, 2018
Quite the week in Alaska politics: Lt Gov quits over unspecified “inappropriate comments.” New Lt Gov, only 2nd Native woman to hold statewide office in US, takes over. Then Gov. Bill Walker suspends re-elect campaign https://t.co/f7aPAvASKH
— Reid Wilson (@PoliticsReid) October 19, 2018
— CNN Breaking News (@cnnbrk) October 19, 2018
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: GOP Sen. will back resolution to block Trump’s emergency declaration
- REPORT: Tlaib rages against event in Detroit as ‘racist bulls—‘
- OpEd: The family secret Bruce Ohr told Rod Rosenstein about Russia case
- REPORT: Ocasio-Cortez goes on tear defending role in Amazon’s New York exit, Twitter users blast her
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs
- VIDEO: Maxine Waters fires up crowd, declares Trump supporters are not patriots, receives fierce backlash
- REPORT: ‘Never Trump’ leader says final blow to movement may be far-left move by Democrats
- BREAKING: Pompeo issues statement on Alabama woman who joined ISIS, denies her claim
- REPORT: Miranda Lambert’s NYPD hubby is taken off patrol
- REPORT: Conservative group blasts Ocasio-Cortez over Amazon with Times Square billboard (PHOTO)