REPORT: Governor’s race winner in California announced
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
Gavin Newsom won the race to succeed Jerry Brown as California’s next governor and position himself as the liberal foil to President Donald Trump.
Newsom, a 51-year-old Democrat and the current lieutenant governor, beat Republican John Cox, a Trump-endorsed businessman who’s never held public office. The outcome was largely expected; Newsom had consistently led in polls and California hasn’t elected a Republican to statewide office since 2006.
With his victory, attention now turns to how Newsom will square off against Trump as leader of the most populous U.S. state and a liberal stronghold. The former San Francisco mayor — who gained national attention by legalizing gay marriage in the city before it had widespread social acceptance — spent the past several days stumping for Democratic congressional candidates, casting the election as a repudiation of the president. While Brown, 80, has sharpened his rhetoric on Trump, his comments often come in response to federal challenges to California, such as on environmental regulations.
Readers may be shocked to learn that Newsom used to be married to Don Trump Jr’s girlfriend, former FOX News host Kimberly Guilfoyle.
To get more information about this article, please visit Bloomberg. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Bloomberg
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Burger King mocks President Trump over misspelled tweet
- BREAKING: Democratic National Committee deals major blow to Women’s March
- VIDEO: Brute arrested for punching 11-year-old girl in the face
- VIDEO: ‘I Don’t Need The Title’: Trump’s AG nominee slaps down Dem senator’s push for him to recuse himself
- BREAKING: Latest funding bill to reopen the government FAILS in House, fewer Republicans support it
- OpEd: Could Nancy Pelosi be the next president of the United States?
- REPORT: Bus carrying people from Mexico to Chicago stops in small Okla. town amid ‘health concerns’
- CNN analyst calls out conservative radio host for being white privileged, but…
- REPORT: Sarah Sanders Birthday Tweet Delivers Backhanded Blow To NBC
- REPORT: Sen. Rubio’s office issues statement on photo of Rep. Tlaib with pro-Hezbollah activist