REPORT: Governor’s race winner in California announced
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by Bloomberg:
Gavin Newsom won the race to succeed Jerry Brown as California’s next governor and position himself as the liberal foil to President Donald Trump.
Newsom, a 51-year-old Democrat and the current lieutenant governor, beat Republican John Cox, a Trump-endorsed businessman who’s never held public office. The outcome was largely expected; Newsom had consistently led in polls and California hasn’t elected a Republican to statewide office since 2006.
With his victory, attention now turns to how Newsom will square off against Trump as leader of the most populous U.S. state and a liberal stronghold. The former San Francisco mayor — who gained national attention by legalizing gay marriage in the city before it had widespread social acceptance — spent the past several days stumping for Democratic congressional candidates, casting the election as a repudiation of the president. While Brown, 80, has sharpened his rhetoric on Trump, his comments often come in response to federal challenges to California, such as on environmental regulations.
Readers may be shocked to learn that Newsom used to be married to Don Trump Jr’s girlfriend, former FOX News host Kimberly Guilfoyle.
To get more information about this article, please visit Bloomberg. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting Bloomberg
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Mark Meadows: US ambassadors conspired with DOJ to take down Trump
- BREAKING: Supreme Court hands Trump administration a victory in immigration battle
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez Quietly Removed From Board Of PAC She Controlled
- VIDEO: Donald Trump’s feud with McCain family escalates: ‘I was never a fan of John McCain and I never will be’
- REPORT: Facebook blocks Trump’s social media chief: ‘Why are you silencing me?’
- BREAKING: Family releases surprising cause of death for Obama’s top economic adviser
- Trump Tweets videos from Hannity, Levin and Carlson
- REPORT: Member Of Left-Wing Group Makes Anti-Semitic Joke While Teaching House Democrats About Anti-Semitism
- CLAIM: Trump Lied About Assets, Worth to Get Deutsche Bank Loans
- REPORT: Roy Blunt kicked from GOP event over border wall emergency vote