REPORT: Gun rights advocates rally at state capitols across US (videos, photos)
DML News is the most efficient, fair, and balanced news aggregation service on the internet. In our ongoing effort to educate and inform people about what is being published and reported around the world, DML News offers the following information:
Published by APNEWS.COM
DOVER, Del. (AP) — Gun rights supporters — many carrying rifles and ammunition — gathered at state capitols across the U.S. on Saturday to push back against efforts to pass stricter gun control laws that they fear threaten their constitutional right to bear arms.
From Delaware to Wyoming, hundreds gathered at peaceful protests to listen to speakers who warned that any restrictions on gun ownership or use eventually could lead to a ban on gun ownership, which is guaranteed under the Second Amendment.
It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:
“If you have a building and you take a brick out every so often, after a while you’re not going to have a building,” said Westley Williams, who carried an AR-15 rifle as he joined about 100 people braving blustery weather in Cheyenne, Wyoming, for a pro-gun-rights rally in front of the state supreme court building.
Dave Gulya, one of the organizers of a rally in Augusta, Maine, said about 800 people showed up to make the point that “we are law-abiding.”
Saturday’s protests were planned in dozens of state capitols less than three weeks after hundreds of thousands marched in Washington, New York and elsewhere to demand tougher gun laws after the February school shooting in Parkland, Florida, that killed 17. Organizers of those protests demanded a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, and called for universal background checks on potential gun owners.
Gun rights supporters _ many carrying rifles and ammunition _ gather at state capitols across U.S. to push back against efforts to pass stricter gun control laws. https://t.co/3zqsoJD7do
— The Associated Press (@AP) April 14, 2018
— IndyStar (@indystar) April 14, 2018
— The Voice of America (@VOANews) April 14, 2018
Hundreds of protesters rallied at state capitols across the U.S. to defend their constitutional right to bear arms. Some carried guns with them. https://t.co/ytSu7fwoMl
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) April 14, 2018
— WBAL Baltimore News (@wbaltv11) April 14, 2018
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: 1 injured in shooting at Florida high school, authorities say
- TRUMP TWEET: Michael Flynn destroyed
- REPORT: Trump makes decision about attending Barbara Bush funeral
- BREAKING: DNC files multimillion dollar lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks
- REPORT: Court battle launched over anti-sanctuary law in California city
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels to Donate NDA Money to Highly Controversial Organization
- UPDATE: Sheriffs killed at Florida restaurant identified
- VIDEO: Pro-Trump New Yorkers protest against Comey at book signing
- REPORT: Water scooter gunmen shoot up beach in Cancun’s tourist zone
- DML TV: John Stamos claims MARCH FOR OUR LIVES changed the world