REPORT: Gun-seizure laws grow in popularity since Parkland shooting
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
In the year since the deadly mass shooting at a Florida high school, more and more states have passed laws making it easier to take guns away from people who may be suicidal or bent on violence against others, and courts are issuing an unprecedented number of seizure orders across the country.
Supporters say these “red flag” laws are among the most promising tools to reduce the nearly 40,000 suicides and homicides by firearm each year in the U.S. Gun advocates, though, say such measures undermine their constitutional rights and can result in people being stripped of their weapons on false or vindictive accusations.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nine states have passed laws over the past year allowing police or household members to seek court orders requiring people deemed threatening to temporarily surrender their guns, bringing the total to 14. Several more are likely to follow in the months ahead.
— AP South U.S. Region (@APSouthRegion) February 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: How Minneapolis’ Somali community became the terrorist recruitment capital of the US
- REPORT: ICE arrests millionaire fugitives from Ecuador who donated to tens of thousands to Obama
- REPORT: Republicans respond to Trump’s national emergency declaration
- VIDEO: Acosta Refers to Children of Angel Moms as ‘Allegedly Killed by Undocumented Immigrants’
- POLL: Are you losing confidence in President Trump
- REPORT: Pelosi fundraising off Trump emergency declaration
- REPORT: In hypothetical 2020 matchup, Trump in dead heat with….
- VIDEO: Mormon son ‘murdered his parents and their cleaner at their home’
- VIDEO: Senator Suggests a Dem President Can Seize Guns With a National Emergency
- EXCLUSIVE: Here’s a simple way to take a stand against creeping socialism in America