REPORT: Harvey Weinstein reaches massive deal to settle sex assault civil suits
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by PageSix.com:
Lawyers for Harvey Weinstein and his movie company have reached a tentative deal that would settle a slew of civil suits brought against the accused serial sex assaulter, a report said Thursday.
The deal, which hasn’t been finalized, was struck by lawyers for the disgraced movie mogul, women who have accused him of sexual misconduct, board members from his former film studio and the New York attorney general’s office, the Wall Street Journal reported.
The article goes on to state the following:
The proposed $44 million settlement, which was announced in bankruptcy court in Delaware, earmarks $30 million for the plaintiffs, including women who have accused him and Weinstein Co. employees.
— Page Six (@PageSix) May 24, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit PageSix.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Rep. Gaetz makes rare move to join Dem on amendment to block Trump on Iran
- BREAKING: Minnesota Lawmaker Calls For Ethics Investigation Into Rep. Ilhan Omar [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: David Ortiz shooting: Authorities reveal plot to kill ‘Big Papi’, 6 detained
- REPORT: DNA tests reveal shocking percentage of suspected fraudulent migrant families were unrelated
- VIDEO: Trump presents Medal of Honor to Staff Sergeant David Bellavia
- REPORT: Tear Gas And Cages: What Immigration Enforcement Looked Like Under Vice President Joe Biden (PICTURES)
- BREAKING: Podium placement for first Democratic debate revealed
- REPORT: Gillibrand announces progress toward securing 9/11 victim benefits
- REPORT: ‘Latinos For Trump’ Launching In Miami as Democrats target Florida Hispanics for 2020
- REPORT: Young female cop shot and killed just 2 weeks after being sworn in