REPORT: Health-care leaders mourn Kaiser Permanente CEO Bernard Tyson, who unexpectedly died at age 60
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNBC:
Kaiser Permanente chairman and CEO Bernard Tyson died unexpectedly in his sleep Sunday, the health care giant announced. One of the nation’s leading health care executives, Tyson was 60.
He rose through the ranks during a 30-year career at Kaiser to become CEO in 2013. Over his tenure, the integrated health care system and health insurance giant grew from 9 million members, with more than 174,000 employees, to serve more than 12 million members with a workforce of 218,000. Under his leadership, the nation’s largest non-profit health system became a leading advocate in the movement to improve the delivery on care and benefits in the U.S.
His sudden passing elicited an outpouring of remembrances from fellow health-care leaders.
“Bernie was a good friend and trusted peer, and I am so saddened by his passing,” said Larry Merlo, CVS Health CEO, adding, “I’ll miss Bernie’s keen mind and good nature, as well as his unique ability to rally people from all walks of life around a singular goal of making health care better for all Americans.”
“Bernie was a visionary leader with a passion for health equity, quality care and serving those in need,” said Ceci Connolly, president and CEO of the Alliance of Community Health Plans. “His loss is a loss for all who strive to improve the quality of care and coverage in the American health care system.”
To get more information about this article, please visit CNBC. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: NFL releases statement on Kaepernick after workout stunt
- BREAKING: Supreme Court Chief Justice announces Ginsburg is ill
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham says he’s “confident” the whistleblower is from the “deep state.”
- VIDEO: ‘Crying like a little child’: Don Trump Jr. rips whistleblower over Clinton loss
- REPORT: Another traveling family attacked by cartel in northern Mexico, one dead
- VIDEO: Democrat against impeachment calls out party for ‘fracturing the nation’ with investigation
- VIDEO: Fox host hits MSNBC for impeachment coverage with George Conway
- REPORT: Michigan county seized retiree’s home over $8 debt – now he’s fighting back
- VIDEO: Former police officer fires back at Joy Behar for suggesting politicians keep gun confiscation a ‘secret’
- EXCLUSIVE: The final Instagram post by murdered pregnant mom Shanann Watts