REPORT: Here’s how much richer US billionaires have gotten since coronavirus pandemic began
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXBUSINESS.COM:
Even as the coronavirus pandemic plunges the U.S. economy into the worst downturn since the Great Depression, some of the wealthiest Americans have seen their collective fortunes increase exponentially, according to a new report.
U.S. billionaires’ wealth has grown by $434 billion since March 18, when the majority of the nation shut down to slow the spread of the virus, findings from Americans for Tax Fairness and the Institute for Policy Studies’ Program for Inequality show. The report, released Thursday, is based on Forbes data for America’s more than 600 billionaires.
The article goes on to state the following:
The five wealthiest Americans — Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Warren Buffett and Larry Elison — saw their combined fortune surge by $75.5 billion, or roughly 19 percent. Together, they represent about 21 percent of the total wealth growth of all 600 billionaires in the last two months.
The report further states that the “combined net worths of Bezos, the CEO of Amazon, and Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook, grew by nearly $60 billion, or 14 percent of the $434 billion.”
— Peter Palumbo (@PeterPalumbo1) May 22, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXBUSINESS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News
- POLL RESULTS: How you feel about mail-in voting
- REPORT: Hillary STUNS with Memorial Day message ignoring military and supporting Dem governor
- REPORT: California makes announcement on reopening places of worship, in-store retail shopping
- REPORT: CNN Commentator: Trump ‘Not Healthy’ — ‘He Is Not Well’ at the Worst Possible Time
- REPORT: GOP Senate chairmen ask DOJ for records on former DNC consultant