REPORT: Here’s The Latest Update On Construction Of Trump’s Border Wall
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The Trump administration is replacing old, ineffective barriers at the U.S. southern border, but they cannot say when they will begin constructing wall in areas with no existing border barrier.
Acting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) commissioner Mark Morgan provided updates on wall construction during a press briefing Monday, explaining that the administration has erected 65 miles of border wall to replace vehicular barriers or otherwise small, dilapidated structures that are not effective deterrents for pedestrian border crossers. Comparatively, the new wall largely consists of 30-foot tall structures that are embedded in concrete.
The article goes on to state the following:
“If you go to those areas where there was pedestrian barriers or their old landing mat, where they can just knock it over the car, or cut a hole in it in seconds — where new wall was going in, that’s exactly what it is,” Morgan argued. “And if you go out there and ask the agents, they’ll tell you that’s new wall.”
Morgan said they have built no “new linear miles” of border wall, explaining that meant wall being built in areas where no barriers at all previously existed.
Although he would not say when the administration would break ground on “new linear miles,” Morgan said the Rio Grande Valley sector could “easily reach 100 new miles of linear wall” by 2020.
Press Briefing with Acting CBP Commissioner https://t.co/acQco1KWeY
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.