REPORT: #HeToo? A Fight for Men’s Rights in California Courts
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
SAN DIEGO, CA — Rich Allison is a former Marine Corps captain who was never in combat. Now he is on the front lines of the culture wars.
Mr. Allison, 47, is a key player in a movement of men’s rights activists challenging female-focused businesses, marketing strategies, educational programs and civic projects that have surged since the election of President Trump in November 2016 and the #MeToo movement.
The article goes on to state the following:
He has been a plaintiff in 13 lawsuits, most of which cite discrimination against men in violation of California’s Unruh Civil Rights Act, named for the politician Jesse Unruh, known as “Big Daddy.” It outlaws discrimination against all people by any type of business establishment in the state, regardless of a person’s sex, race and other characteristics. Mr. Allison and his cohort would like to remind everyone that Unruh’s broad promise of “full and equal accommodations, advantages, facilities, privileges or services” extends to men.
According to the report, Mr. Allison is frequently joined in his efforts for equality at the National Coalition for Men by Allan Candelore, 34, another N.C.F.M. member, and Harry Crouch, 68, the coalition’s president.
The report continues:
Mr. Allison, Mr. Candelore and Mr. Crouch all say that their court actions benefit women’s rights because special-drink offers and differences in cover charges, in particular, are often intended to draw female customers as a bait for men.
“If you’re giving preferential treatment to women, you’re discriminating against them as well,” Mr. Crouch said. “That’s funny, but you are. You’re exploiting them.”
To weigh in on this information provided by NYTimes.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Kellyanne Conway changes Twitter bio after her husband rips on Trump
- EXCLUSIVE: White House responds to judge’s ruling on Acosta press pass
- EXCLUSIVE: Border Patrol releases ANOTHER video of migrants destroying new wire on fence (VIDEO)
- VIDEO: Media quiet about violent clash in Tijuana as Mexicans protest migrant caravan
- VIDEO: CNN’s Jim Acosta makes statement after court ruling
- BREAKING: Democrat Stacey Abrams Ends Bid For Georgia Governor, Decrying ‘Suppression’
- REPORT: Michael Avenatti is evicted from his law offices in Newport Beach
- REPORT: Migrants won’t see armed US soldiers on border
- REPORT: Woolsey fire destroys movie director’s home, burns entire life savings in ‘fire-proof’ safe (PHOTOS)
- REPORT: Stormy Daniels explodes on Twitter in rant at airline over lost luggage before speech