REPORT: HHS Secretary calls latest drug price hikes a ‘tipping point’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump’s top health official said “change is coming” to drug pricing in the wake of a new round of price hikes.
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar’s comments followed Trump’s tweet at Pfizer for raising drug prices last week on more than 40 products, more than a month after Trump said that drug companies would voluntarily lower drug prices “in two weeks.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Azar said Monday “the drug companies that recently increased prices will be remembered for creating a tipping point in U.S. drug pricing policy.”
He then referenced Trump’s tweet, stressing the “American people have noticed.”
“Change is coming to prescription drug pricing, whether it’s painful or not for pharmaceutical companies,” said Azar at the 340B Coalition summer meeting in Washington. The coalition is a group of hospitals and providers that support the drug discount program called 340B.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- POLL: Should Whoopi issue a public apology to Judge Jeanine?
- VIDEO: Judge Jeanine Pirro’s guest appearance on ‘The View’ ends in explosive scene with Whoopi
- REPORT: Co-Host of ‘The Five’ Is Reportedly Leaving Fox News
- VIDEO: Roseanne Barr screams about Valerie Jarrett in bizarre new video
- BREAKING: Michael Cohen Secretly Taped Trump Discussing Payment (video)
- VIDEO: Whoopi Goldberg: Pirro wasn’t kicked out, she left cursing at staff
- BREAKING: RNC chooses city to host 2020 convention
- BREAKING: Surviving member of family who perished in duck boat crash gives heartbreaking interview (VIDEO)
- Trump Tweets: “Should have been done years ago!”
- REPORT: Man arrested for allegedly killing co-worker by forcing compressed air up his buttocks