REPORT: HHS Secretary calls latest drug price hikes a ‘tipping point’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump’s top health official said “change is coming” to drug pricing in the wake of a new round of price hikes.
Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar’s comments followed Trump’s tweet at Pfizer for raising drug prices last week on more than 40 products, more than a month after Trump said that drug companies would voluntarily lower drug prices “in two weeks.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Azar said Monday “the drug companies that recently increased prices will be remembered for creating a tipping point in U.S. drug pricing policy.”
He then referenced Trump’s tweet, stressing the “American people have noticed.”
“Change is coming to prescription drug pricing, whether it’s painful or not for pharmaceutical companies,” said Azar at the 340B Coalition summer meeting in Washington. The coalition is a group of hospitals and providers that support the drug discount program called 340B.
To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News
- EXCLUSIVE: Obama lashes out at Republicans over ruling against his ‘Obamacare’ program’, urges more people to enroll
- VIDEO: Trump makes unannounced visit to Arlington National Cemetery during laying of wreaths
- VIDEO: Father of Guatemalan girl who died in US custody speaks out
- VIDEO: Walmart employee goes rogue, uses intercom to announce he’s quitting: ‘Nobody should work here – ever!’
- REPORT: Bombshell report contradicts Kamala Harris’s claim denying knowledge of misconduct allegations against aide
- REPORT: Documents reveal urgent actions taken by Obama State Department on ‘Russiagate’ just prior to Trump inauguration
- VIDEO: Ginsburg responds to question about her health and her ribs
- VIDEO: Here’s why a Vermont man put up a giant, illuminated middle finger sculpture on his front lawn
- REPORT: John McCain’s family turns on Martha McSally
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton files new answers under oath about email system, blames husband’s aide