REPORT: Hillary ignored warnings about Weinstein from Hollywood star during campaign
According to a new claim by liberal actress Lena Dunham, Hillary Clinton and her campaign ignored warnings about Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and his predatory behavior against women.
The outspoken feminist told The New York Times that she issued a warning to Hillary Clinton’s campaign about Weinstein, saying she was uncomfortable with his taking part in Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
The New York Times article, which was published Tuesday, reveals that Dunham claims she heard stories about Weinstein from other actresses who said they were harassed by him. Dunham told this to the Clinton campaign deputy communications manager, Kristina Schake, in March of 2016.
“I just want to let you know that Harvey’s a rapist and this is going to come out at some point,” Dunham said she told the campaign. “I think it’s a really bad idea for him to host fund-raisers and be involved because it’s an open secret in Hollywood that he has a problem with sexual assault.”
According to Dunham, Schake said she would relay the warning and that she was surprised by the information.
The controversial actress said she also told another Clinton campaign member, spokeswoman Adrienne Elrod, about Weinstein. Dunham said “the campaign had not responded to her concerns” about the disgraced megaproducer, who’s been accused of sexually assaulting or harassing more than 100 women.
Weinstein donated thousands of dollars to Clinton’s political campaigns over the years. In short, it appears Hillary took the money and rejected the warnings about her friend: par for the course.
Trending on DML News
- BREAKING: Russia’s presidential election results are in…
- BREAKING: Hillary Clinton issues statement about comments she made about Trump voters
- Cirque du Soleil performer dies in fall at Tampa show (video)
- VIDEO: Woman banned from airline after giving oral sex to stranger in bathroom
- TRUMP Tweet: Comey lied under oath (video)
- Sen. Graham calls for Senate hearing on McCabe firing and makes ominous prediction (video)
- Dem threatens to vote to impeach Trump
- POLL: Did Mueller investigation lead to Don Jr. and wife breakup
- Actor Jim Carrey tweets ugly portrait of Sarah Sanders (see painting)
- VIDEO: GOP Sen rips Trump in CNN interview, wants 2020 primary (video)