REPORT: Hillary ignored warnings about Weinstein from Hollywood star during campaign
According to a new claim by liberal actress Lena Dunham, Hillary Clinton and her campaign ignored warnings about Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein and his predatory behavior against women.
The outspoken feminist told The New York Times that she issued a warning to Hillary Clinton’s campaign about Weinstein, saying she was uncomfortable with his taking part in Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign.
The New York Times article, which was published Tuesday, reveals that Dunham claims she heard stories about Weinstein from other actresses who said they were harassed by him. Dunham told this to the Clinton campaign deputy communications manager, Kristina Schake, in March of 2016.
“I just want to let you know that Harvey’s a rapist and this is going to come out at some point,” Dunham said she told the campaign. “I think it’s a really bad idea for him to host fund-raisers and be involved because it’s an open secret in Hollywood that he has a problem with sexual assault.”
According to Dunham, Schake said she would relay the warning and that she was surprised by the information.
The controversial actress said she also told another Clinton campaign member, spokeswoman Adrienne Elrod, about Weinstein. Dunham said “the campaign had not responded to her concerns” about the disgraced megaproducer, who’s been accused of sexually assaulting or harassing more than 100 women.
Weinstein donated thousands of dollars to Clinton’s political campaigns over the years. In short, it appears Hillary took the money and rejected the warnings about her friend: par for the course.
Trending on DML News
- Texas husband decapitates wife in front of kids, stuffs head into freezer
- Sandy Hook mom blasts Trump on anniversary of shooting
- BREAKING: Amtrak train derails over highway overpass (video)
- Millionaire heir and friend kill woman, burn her body in incinerator
- Woman savagely mauled and killed by her own dogs (video)
- BREAKING: TRUMP says he does not plan to fire Robert Mueller (video)
- Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner sued
- REPORT: Obama stopped US task force from taking down Hezbollah’s criminal network in order to secure his Iran nuke deal
- POLL: Who is the worst president since 1969
- Here’s why Jason Priestley punched Harvey Weinstein in 1995