REPORT: Historic summit between Trump and Kim begins
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump met with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore, a historic encounter that Trump hopes will lead to a lasting peace agreement and the dismantling of North Korea’s nuclear program.
The first-ever meeting between a U.S. president and a North Korean leader began just after 9 a.m. Tuesday local time with a handshake and an exchange of pleasantries, producing images that were carried live on television across the United States and beyond.
The article goes on to state the following:
Kim could be heard saying “nice to meet you Mr. President” before the two men turned on the red carpet to pose for photos in front of a line of U.S. and North Korean flags.
After Trump sat down next to Kim for their meeting inside the swanky Capella Hotel, the president predicted he would have a “terrific relationship” with the North Korean strongman.
“I feel really great,” Trump said. “We’re going to have a great discussion and, I think, tremendous success.”
Kim said through a translator that “we overcame our obstacles” to have the talks.
The two men were scheduled to speak one-on-one with only translators present before heading into broader meetings with their advisers.
To weigh in on this information provided by TheHill.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- Hillary raises over $150k in just a few hours for illegals, DML responds
- POLL: Should kids be separated from illegal alien parents at border?
- BREAKING: Peter Strzok escorted out of FBI building amid investigation
- DML TV: Hillary says Trump spreading downright lies about border, DML responds
- UPDATE: Ex-CIA engineer charged in connection to huge breach known as Vault 7
- REPORT: Florida mom arrested after leaving 3-year-old in car for 12 hours
- REPORT: Trump plan to claw back billions in spending facing uncertain future
- REPORT: Kansas Judge Rules on Law Requiring Voters to Show Proof of Citizenship
- REPORT: ICE demands apology from New Yorker over tattoo claim
- BREAKING: L.A. sheriff’s detectives seize over 500 firearms from felon’s home (photos)