REPORT: Homeland Security denies NYT report that Trump directed McAleen to close border and offered him a potential pardon
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A Department of Homeland Security official dismissed a report by The New York Times on Friday alleging that the president pressured Acting DHS Secretary Kevin McAleenan to close the southern border and offered him a pardon if the need arose.
A spokesperson with the department confirmed to Fox News on Friday that Trump has never “indicated, asked, directed or pressured the acting secretary to do anything illegal,” and said McAleenan would never “take actions that are not in accordance with our responsibility to enforce the law.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The Times, citing three sources familiar with the conversation, said Trump “urged” McAleenan to close the southwestern border. In the event of legal troubles, the story went, Trump said he’d pardon him.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: Lori Loughlin’s DAUGHTER under investigation for college sacndal
- VIDEO: Pelosi undermines Trump abroad on US-UK trade deal
- REPORT: Fired DOJ official blasts President Trump in TIME 100 bio on Robert Mueller
- REPORT: Department of Correction officer busted for drunk driving on FDR Drive
- EXCLUSIVE: Filmmaker reveals SOLUTION to immigration crisis that everyone is ignoring (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Federal judge compares Trump to Ku Klux Klan and Jim Crow segregationists
- How You Can Help Stop Amnesty
- REPORT: Fox News personality to become Treasury spokesperson
- REPORT: Trump makes first direct comments about running against Buttigieg (Audio)
- REPORT: Major fast-food chain to sell a cannabis-infused burger